Laptop problem

I have troubles with my equipment, it shut down frecuently ... sometimes conected to electric soarch, sometimes with battery, and without warning goes down ... at the moments that goes down I can hear a "clic" like a switch.
In others days when I open the equipments its start up before I push the start button ...What can I do? ... Please !!!

My Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5320 - Windows 7

Oh, simple problem. The reason your computer shuts down sans warning is because the cooling fan becomes blocked and the computer overheats. This is a safety feature for the computer and can be fixed by elevating the computer so the fan has room to circulate the air. And for the starting up thing, you have the computer set on "hibernate mode," so when you turn it off, the computer "sleeps" until you flip up the screen.

This leads me to believe it maybe overheating, But as you stated it turns on buy it self sometimes. Try blowing the vents out with a can of air. See if this helps with the shutting down, As far as the starting but it self. If you are able to open it up yourself. I would look for a loose connections, Such as wires from the power supply and such. Make sure all connection are secure. If this is not something you want to try , You can always contact a repair place.

This leads me to believe it may be overheating, But as you stated it turns on buy it self sometimes. Try blowing the vents out with a can of air. See if this helps with the shutting down, As far as the starting but it self. If you are able to open it up yourself. I would look for a loose connections, Such as wires from the power supply and such. Make sure all connection are secure. If this is not something you want to try , You can always contact a repair place.

Thing is, it isn't a loose connection or anything. That happens when you set the computer on hibernate mode. That's why it turns on when you open the lid, the computer is "waking up." Just simply set the computer on "shut down" from the start menu and all will be fine.

I was going buy the fact he never stated he was using hibernate mode on the laptop. Yes it will do all that if you use hibernate mode.

Back