Laptop runs on only battery or AC, not both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a Gateway AJ2 that is acting up. If I have the battery installed, the computer runs on the battery, regardless if the AC adapter is plugged in or not. If the battery isn't installed, the computer runs on AC with no problems.

The battery does not charge. The computer is a little over a year old. I don't exactly recall when the problem started, but it might have been after a Windows Vista update or a bios update.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

The battery is probably bad. They are consumables, just like paper is to a printer... Regardless of its age, it needs to be replaced if only to verify for a bad battery or not

Did you ever get this fixed? I have the Gateway AJ2 laptop and the battery won't charge. I also cannot figure out how to get the battery off. Someone told me it is sealed and doesn't come off. It's about one year old and the battery stopped working months ago.

What is the Laptops Serial number? It makes no sense that the expendable battery is hard to find and replace

As soon as I sent that, I got it off. Can it really be possible the battery is shot after only one year and it's been bad for at least six months.

Yes, a laptop battery can go bad after only a few months. They are considered consumable items like printer paper or ink. Your serial number is 11 characters. It should be 10 or 13 characters. If you can supply the correct s/n, I can find the best price for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back