Laptop screen goes black on loading screens when the mouse is not moving

Hey guys, I have been trying to battle this for a while but I need help.

I have a MSI GT72 6QE Dominator pro G

It was good for a long time, but last year games started having a black flicker every once in a while.
This may or may not be screen tearing, I am not as smart as you guys, but theoretically Vsync should fix that if that is what it is.

Now the worst game for this, because it only happens during video games, is Warhammer: Total War.
during any load screen, the display will turn black, but moving my mouse brings the display back for exactly as long as the mouse is moving. and during game play, the screen will flicker quite frequently, but always timed with an in game event, like a dialogue box popping up or something else like that, that might cause the screen to refresh out of cycle.

I tried reverting to several different drivers for my GTX980M GPU, as well as messing around with the Nvidia settings, and nothing has made it better.

I plugged into another monitor(actually a TV) and none of the black screens showed up on there while they continued to show on my laptop monitor.

If anyone has any good suggestions, I would be very grateful.
If you need more specs please tell me what you want, and the best way to get them.

running windows 10

Thank you in advance, Q

Since this comes with a 2 year warranty, I suggest that you contact 'support' at the manufacturer's website.

Back