Laptop shutting off suddenly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello out there,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100 series Laptop that keeps shutting off when windows starts. I am able to log in through safe mode and safe mode with network. But whenever I let the system start normally it shuts off. I have recently changed the battery. I got my new battery fully charged and had no problems starting the computer. I turned the computer on using battery power only and it worked till it ran out of juice. But again it has reverted to shutting off when I log into my account and I can't seem to charge the battery back up or get any power from the power supply.

Is this a connection problem with my power supply or is something wrong with my motherboard?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ok. New information. Looks like if I start my system with the AC power only, it works. But if I start my system with battery then it shuts off and I cant get it to power up at all. Seems like there was a short and the system needs to wait a few minutes to re-boot. That's how I see it not what it's actually happening.
If I start my laptop with only AC power and log in and then put the battery in, I can disconnect the AC and the battery takes over and everything is fine. I know it's bad to connect the battery once the system is on, but that's the only way I found it would work.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back