Laptop unable to connect to online game servers

Heya, i've downloaded and tried to play the following online games: Allods,Shaiya,Runes of Magic,Lotro.

Everytime I downloaded each game and tried to connect to any of their servers it would always come up with a connection or client timeout error of some sort.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my internet connection because recently I downloaded and played the beta for SWTOR online on my old crap vista laptop, which is about 5 years old. Apart from very very low fps (due to a terrible video card) my swtor connection was perfect. I also downloaded the swtor beta on my new laptop and after finishing the massive game download it came up with a data error , though I can't remember what it was...perhaps it is also related to my current problem?

My current IP is WIC (New Zealand) and doesn't have ethernet ports on modem.

Laptop specs:
WIndows 7 32-bit Home premium: Service pack 1
Toshiba
Processor: Intel Core i5-2401 CPU 2.30GHz 2.30GHz
Ram: 4GB

Thats the basic information. If you need anything else please let me know! :)

Thanks

hi bunny 15405 welcome to TS :)
just quick idea here yhu dont have a firewall blocking the connections to their servers to yhu?

James

hi bunny 15405 welcome to TS :)
just quick idea here yhu dont have a firewall blocking the connections to their servers to yhu?

James

No not that i'm aware of. I've tried connecting to them with my windows firewall turned off and still the same problem. Seeing as the other games didn't work I downloaded lotro without any firewalls up but it wouldn't connet to their servers either 0_o.

Cheers

Unfortunalty networking is not my strong point so i can only go through some basics that might help

have yhu tried re-setting then network via yhur router/modem etc?

Is it wireless? If it is have yhu tried hard wiring. it may be a fault with the wireless though i VERY much doubt this as yhu did manage to download the games in the first place

James

Hmm well I have tried the ip address reset commands and the winsock one aswell. Also turning on and off the modem etc but nobody in my house has access to log into the modems website, if thats what you also meant by resetting etc.

But like I said previously, I think it has more to do with my laptop than the internet.

have you tired going into your router settings on your laptop I.E. (192.168.1.254 different routers can be different ips) and go to you firewall settings and change it to low to off?

Ciaran

You can connect to the Internet but not a game server, correct? Are you sure the servers aren't down since they are older games?

Back