Laptop won't charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubian13

I was watchin a movie on my laptop and then suddenly the power went off i looked at the cord and the led was out so i think since i plugged it into the wall i was running on batterys power and when i tried disconnecting it and connecting it. but it wont turn on. before i plug it into the laptop the led on the charger works perfectly and when i plug it into the laptop the led comes of on the charger. and the laptop still wont charge. What seems to be the problem.

I've come across this problem before and found the ac adapter (the charger) to be faulty.
Try a different one.

well that seems to be the problem but that comes to a next problem. is that this is the second adapter thats become faulty and i don't know what to do

Are you using OEM power supply? I would replace the battery also. You might have a bad power supply regulator on the motherboard. That could short out the power supply and cause memory issues with the battery also. I would have that laptop check out by a service tech if you're still under warranty?

Ditto- Toshiba Satellite Pro

Hey, I've got a Toshiba Satellite Pro, I changed the power cable, 3 times in the last year and the battery too. I've come to the conclusion that it must be the power supply connection, as why else would it kill every cable used. I even use other people's cables still the intermittent flicking between battery and AC supply, but never consistently enough to charge.

Can I charge via a USB port? Are there chargers that can do this?

What do i do? I love my laptop and don't want it to die.

Jonah

no you cannot charge via the USB. You either have a bad charger, or a bad voltage regulator. The former is a more common problem.

Jonah1999, you should honestly start a new thread for your problem to eliminate confusion.
Just like Tedster states, you can't charge through USB, it doesn't have the required voltage output.
I have worked on many HP's / Compaq's where the DC jack on the PC was faulty (came loose).
Also worked on a Toshiba {1} which had a faulty cable (between charger and PC-could be common with any computer) from continuously wrapping the cables when packing.

From this information, hopefully you can come up with your own judgment as to what the issue is.
If you think it may be the DC jack, you should be very careful because you could easily fry your motherboard.

I think it is the DC jack- but can you clarify what one is? so I can definitely be sure.

What can be done? It has got to a fairly serious stage, as my friend was sensing light-electric shocks whenever the laptop is charging.

Thanks for the help

If your friend is getting shocks, chances are it's the cable from the (pc to the adapter).
Is there any sharp bends in the wire or do you feel anything throughtout the length of it?

Could the problem be both, the cable and the DC jack (whatever this is)?

As I mentioned in a prior post that even woth another cable there is still the intermittent flickign between the battery and AC supply but not long enough to charge the Laptop

Yes, it could very well be either or both.
You should have somebody look at it before you damage the computer.
Those shocks may hurt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back