Laptop won't connect to Wifi but will connect with an ethernet cord

My laptop was working fine the other day with connecting to wifi, but then all of a sudden it says "no network connections available", it says it needs an Ethernet cable. I plugged it in works with that. It just wont connect to wifi. My email is smileaway123@.cloud.com if you can help

My laptop was working fine the other day with connecting to wifi, but then all of a sudden it says "no network connections available", it says it needs an Ethernet cable. I plugged it in works with that. It just wont connect to wifi. My email is smileaway123@.cloud.com if you can help
ive also used system restore, tried to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter, and nothings working

Many important details are missing, I would not jump to the conclusion that your WiFi card is faulty. Maybe it is. Maybe it is not. We do not know this yet. Are you sure that you have WiFi signal to connect to - did you try to connect to another WiFi network? Are you sure that your WiFi is enabled (typically there would be a keyboard key to disable/enable WiFi). BTW, "NIC does wired, but not wireless" is a bit misleading - they are two separate pieces of hardware.

Boot Linux from a USB stick. Often I find it is an operating system fault. Linux will solve that for you. Try Peppermint, WattOS, or Mint Linux.

Back