Laptops near your head while you sleep

signofzeta

So from personal experience, I have a good sleep when the laptop is placed away from my head, or when the thing is in hibernation, but when I have my laptop running, near my head, I wake up all groggy.

So what is the cause of this? If I slept with the laptop running near my head, would it give me a brain tumor?

So what I am saying is, if I sleep 8 hours, without the laptop near my head, it felt like I slept 8 hours. With it near my head, it felt like I slept 6 hours, and I would fall asleep in class the next morning. So what is the cause of all this, and is it a conspiracy that if you sleep near a laptop, or computer, while it is on, that it would mess up your brain?

I want to know this, because I tend to put the laptop near my bed, and while I am watching videos, I sometimes fall asleep, with the laptop running.

Oh I am using an ASUS f50sv by the way.

Maybe try changing the power option so that after x hours, the laptop will go into hibernation mode?

It is probably the noise that is distracting you from getting deeper sleep.

As above, set the laptop to hibernate or sleep after say 2hours without use. You shouldn't really leave it running unattended anyway, even more crucially if you have it on your bed where the air vents could get blocked and cause it to overheat.

most likely you are sleeping in your laptops EMF field and it is disturbing your natural sleep process. As for the brain baby, I doubt it.

i dont think it can harm you. However, its definitely not good for you either.

Personally, i cant sleep next a laptop (specifically my sony vaio) because it emits a really high pitched sound, similar to a TV.

Back