Latest GeForce Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfsbabe

I'm wondering what is the current GiForce model number now?

I have the GiForce 8800 but it's looking like mine needs replacing. It's showing a line on the side. I might get the same one or I might upgrade a tiny bit but I don't have a clue what is the latest since the 8800 is about almost 2 years old by now. It hasn't been getting worse so I think i can go a little while before I replace it (or at least fix the virus problems) and then get a new one but I want to think about figuring out what to get before I'm forced to.

If I get a higher problem is there any risk of my processor having a problems with it? I've got a fast proccesser though (over 3.0). Fastest when I got it at the time. I'm thinking if I'm going to replace the GiForce I may as well add a gb of memory while I'm at it.

It's showing a line on the side.
I don't understand whats wrong?

or at least fix the virus problems
Maybe the viruses are the problem, i'm sure infested computers tend to perform worse.

Can you throw in some more detailed system specs and mention what your going to do with this computer, and what is your budget?
I believe the Geforce series is last generation for NVidia, which should be on the GT200 series. The latest Geforce series card should be the 9800gtx+. I would also advise you to consider the hd 4000 series, great price and performance.

there is a yellow pinkish line on the side of my monitor it's been there for a while. when we change the resolution it moves depending on which resolution it's set to. it used to be I'd only see it sometimes now it's there all there all the time but beyond that it's no worse.

I've been having a bit of a virus problem which I've brought up in another thread. once I'm done what I can do I'll consider upgrading it a bit. memory and graphics card only.

I'm not looking to spend tons of money so not likely the latest especially since I'm not as interested in gaming as i used to be but depending on price I might upgrade a bit especially if it means i'm not likely to have the problem with the line again. I did try to upgrade my drivers though.

specs....

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.00 GHz
2 GB RAM (Reaper)
EVGA GeForce 8800GTS G92 512 MB
Running on XP
Motherboard: ASUS PK Premium Black Pearl Edition with WiFi

All new when got them with of course the other stuff needed to run a computer :)

Have you tried on a different monitor? I've rarely heard graphics card causing stuff like this, but I have personally seen monitors that have been squished, poked, or just plain bad quality have such lines...but only on LCD and flat screens.

hum.... no I haven't tried another monitor. I'll try that and see what happens. I still have a warranty for the monitor. The monitor is a 20 in westinghouse. It's about almost 2 years now (4 year warranty though). I'd be just as happy to not have to replace the video card if that's not the problem.

it was a gift. I didn't buy it myself. and at the time I was more interested in saving money already having spent alot getting the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back