League of Legends: Game Freezes intermittently

Hopefully there are some LoL players here. My game freezes randomly for a few seconds a couple times a game. It only started happening when I bought a nice (used) but great computer. My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M. I was reading online and caught a hint somewhere that the game may be interacting with Nvidia's poorly somehow. Please help, there is no reason for such a powerful computer to freeze in an average power-consumption game.

I already tried everything on that page, nothing worked.

Windows 10

Y50-70 Laptop (Lenovo)

Serial Number: CB36003590

Machine Type: 80DT

Not sure about the maintenance history, but it is definitely used (though it looks brand new). I don't know what I missed or what will help here.

I bought my computer lightly used from a privately owned computer shop. The guys there are good with computers but not experts. They installed their own drivers, so now the volume, mute, and brightness buttons at the top don't work. Instead, you have to use Fn+(arrow key). This isn't a big deal but it is annoying, and there is no alternative option for mute. I feel like this should be an easy fix, but for the life of me, I can't find the correct drivers to fix the problem. Someone please help?

Slightly pre-used laptop.

Definitely non-standard drivers (They installed their own drivers, so now the volume, mute, and brightness buttons at the top don't work.)

Lenovo has support, but it requires a complete knowledge of the model to get the right stuff. ( http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro... and Software|Drivers and Software&beta=false )

Since I am not familiar enough with this specific model, I hope some one who is comes along.

If I were in your shoes, I would: 1. download manual and read it, 2. make sure I have bootable media for installing OS and 3. have or make a recovery disk. Then, having identified and specified the machine to Lenovo, I would download and re-install the drivers (recognizing the possibility that I have to reinstall the system from the ground up if this fails).

Also, you may wish to switch from UEFI to legacy BIOS if you can. https://askleo.com/why-uefi/

Back