Left 4 Dead 2 coming to PC and 360 November 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Yesterday at Microsoft’s pre-E3 conference, Valve confirmed that Left 4 Dead 2 will be released November 17 exclusively on the PC and Xbox 360. Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve, states that the new game “will set a new benchmark” for co-op games. The game will present new Survivors, boss zombies, weapons, and items. Left 4 Dead 2 promises to be much larger than the first, bringing more campaigns and maps for all modes of play.

In order to provide more depth, Left 4 Dead 2 will add more to the melee aspect of the game. Instead of smashing zombies senselessly with your gun, there will be weapons such as chainsaws, baseball bats, axes, and even frying pans available for the player. Another feature of the game will be AI Director 2.0, which has the ability to modify pathways, the weather, and world objects. It is also able to manipulate the effects, sounds, and number of zombies in order to match the player’s performance. The company hopes this will top the replay-value of the title’s predecessor.

Valve plans to back the game with a multi-million dollar marketing campaign, much larger than that of the original. Also expect to see Left 4 Dead 2 as the cover story of this month’s PC Gamer and Official Xbox Magazine. Is it still too early for a Left 4 Dead successor or will you be the first in line at GameStop come November?

Permalink to story.

Definately a brilliant piece of news. I wanted a good expansion with extra zombies and more levels. I definately not mind paying for it - I picked it up in the Steam sale and havent looked back.

Awesome news.

I really like this game, but at first I hated it. This is because it is not newb friendly when playing versus mode. It can be challenging at first even for an experienced multiplayer FPS player like myself. Instead of people giving you any advice, they just yell at you and kick you.

This is great news…

Can't wait to play this one. Nice preview with video here:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/988/988416p1.html?_cmpid=ign104

This video shows the axe in use. Still looks like the source engine to me by the way. Not that thats a bad thing if they get the gameplay right again.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14352245/left-4-dead-2/videos/l4d2_gmp_axeownage_052809.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back