Lengthy new Metro Exodus trailer reveals its many elements

midian182

Staff member
Highly anticipated: Metro Exodus is just a couple of weeks away from launch, but with all the controversy surrounding its Epic Games Store exclusivity, it’s easy to forget about the game itself. To remind people why they got so excited when it was first announced, a six-minute trailer has just arrived.

Deep Silver and 4A Games released the ‘Metro Exodus – Uncovered’ trailer to explain what’s going on in the world and fill people in on some of the series’ backstory.

While the previous two games are excellent first-person shooters, they can be accused of being too linear. The trailer emphasizes that this latest entry will be more open; this is achieved through a series of linked hubs, rather than it being a full open world in the style of something like Far Cry 4. And it’s still very much a narrative-driven experience, promising a lack of pointless fetch quests.

We also get a look at the extensive weapon customization options that are available, as well as new crafting mechanics that let players construct gas mask filters and medkits needed to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic Russian landscape.

Exodus looks graphically stunning in the trailer, which is probably why the required PC specs are more demanding than most. Those with Nvidia’s RTX cards can also experience its real-time ray tracing features.

Following the unexpected announcement that Metro Exodus would be an Epic Games Store exclusive for the first year, the previous two games in the franchise—2033 and Last Light—were review bombed on Steam by users unhappy with the decision. Let’s hope all the hype was worth it when Exodus released on February 15

Permalink to story.

I'll buy it used for my xbox one, make sure the devs and publisher don't get any (additional) money from my purchase, no steam no money from me.

"unexpected announcement that Metro Exodus would be an Epic Games Store exclusive for the first year,"....
It was to come to steam on feb 15th did they change it? anyway game of the year edition would be a better deal anyway then.
edit :seems they did change it.

Last edited:
Expect it to be a solid 8 out of 10 but nothing more, It will be quickly forgotten.

Why do so many gamers have such a sense of entitlement? Bunch of spoiled brats crying because apparently not being able to buy a video game on a certain platform is a huge deal.

Unless this is S.T.A.L.K.E.R worthy, I will not buy it. The video gives me some hope, but it also could be Fallout 4 Siberia.

Why do so many gamers have such a sense of entitlement? Bunch of spoiled brats crying because apparently not being able to buy a video game on a certain platform is a huge deal.

its about dealing with various platforms, if there is one less to deal with then its a good thing.
Secondly not every platform sells in local currency and its USD for the whole world. Barring Steam no one has the coverage in terms of local currency which it has.
May be you can think of the world as not comprising solely of dollar and euro.

Back