Lenovo IdeaCentre K330 Review

It seems they went WAY too cheap on pieces... ok its not a bad deal, for the price of course, but you are running with stock everything, there is not a good component in that rig besides the proc and video.

76c sounds to hot, they should cut the ram and up the cooling or the mouse quality, you don't know what your missing until you buy decent gaming mouse.

I purchased this system and for the life of me, cannot figure out what the switch on the front actually does. Switching it among the various modes shows no clock speed increase/decrease using any of the popular monitoring tools. For example, when in "Turbo mode," the i7-2600 max clock isn't increased in CPU-Z (even under load) and still throttles down to the 1.5GHz range when relatively idle. Repeating the test when in normal or cool mode doesn't show any difference in behavior. The same behavior is observed for the GPU.

I added an SSD as the primary drive and it really woke the system up. For $1099 with a 3 year on-site warranty, it's a steal, especially since it is relatively upgradeable as it ages. I am an enthusiast, but I am tired of being without a part for weeks while I'm sending an RMA and waiting on the return part.

12 gigs is excessive? Keep in mind that people don't just buy "budget" gaming machines purely for gaming. There's VMware, Photoshop+Lightroom and loads of memory intensive applications.

12 gigs is excessive? Keep in mind that people don't just buy "budget" gaming machines purely for gaming. There's VMware, Photoshop+Lightroom and loads of memory intensive applications.

I agree. I added a 4th 4GB stick to go to 16GB.

Yeah I suppose if you love running virtual machines it would stack up. I'm not in that boat :).

The Lenovo site says this is actually the $1,499 model discounted to $1,099. If I were to buy this rig, I would change the CPU to something like a 2500/2500K or even a 2400, upgrade the graphics card to a GTX 560 / 560 Ti and most importantly, upgrade the PSU to a 750-800 watt model from one of the better known manufacturers. Although the 80 Plus site does list a 80 Plus Gold-rated AcBel 450 watt model, a higher rated model would have more room for CPU overclocking and multi-GPU operation. Although the article does not give specifics on the 12 GB memory loadout, it's probably a 4GB x 3 DIMM config which I would preferably alter to 4GB x 2 or 4GB x 4 configuration for proper dual channel operation.

fpsgamerJR62 said:
Although the article does not give specifics on the 12 GB memory loadout, it's probably a 4GB x 3 DIMM config which I would preferably alter to 4GB x 2 or 4GB x 4 configuration for proper dual channel operation.

It is 3 x 4GB, but the P67 chipset doesn't require an even number of sticks for partial dual-channel operation. It's called Intel Flex Memory Access. You basically run 2 of the 4GB sticks in dual-channel mode and 1 of the 4GB sticks in single channel mode. So, dropping to 2 x 4GB wouldn't net you a performance increase. I thought the same thing and benchmarked it when I bought the system, but didn't notice a decrease when dropping the 3rd 4GB stick ... so I researched why.

Im waiting for a long time already when this thing is for sale in the Netherlands.

So many nice stuff from Lenovo, but they make not clear in what countries they gonna sale them.
No word about it on their website, and even not possible to ask it in an e-mail.

I love their products for sure, drivers and support on forums is great.
Lenovo, upgrade your selling system as well, please!

Switching the Turbo switch on the front simply changes the fan speed so you can have the machine ultra quiet for undemanding things like web surfing... or boost the fans for gaming.

Back