Lenovo IdeaPad U260 12.5" Laptop Review

Julio Franco

Staff member
Lenovo IdeaPad U260 12.5" Laptop Review

Mobile computing has undoubtedly been one of the most dynamic segments of consumer electronics in recent history. From the netbook craze from a few years ago, to smartphones and of course, the tablet computer. And while all of these extensions of mobile computing are exciting, the trusty laptop is still the most well-rounded option. Classified as a Lifestyle product, Lenovo's IdeaPad U260 aims to be your "thin, light, stylish travel companion".

Read the full review at:
https://www.techspot.com/review/358-lenovo-ideapad-u260/

Please leave your feedback here.

Nice review. But as you mentioned, it's already behind the times without Sandy Bridge. The integrated graphics and 1.33Ghz is a little scary too for the $800 price tag. With a little shopping, think you could get a better bang for your buck.

venomblade said:
Meh Intel HD Graphics are always a turnoff
i feel the same way, but these kinds of laptops are not meant for gaming so they don't need very powerful gpus. it's supposed to be portable so size, battery life, and weight are priorities; this makes integrated graphics the obvious choice.

If it's anything like my Lenovo 3000 N200 notebook, a similar sort of notebook, it'll fall apart as soon as the warranty expires and Lenovo will not touch a claim with a barge pole. Don't touch this with a barge pole either.

Their Thinkpad X series is an excellent thin and light option with 12.1" screen, but expect to pay more.

And I am in agreement with Zecias. This isn't a gaming laptop. Lenovo is not in the business of making any models for gaming. Thus the graphics are quite fine while still being able to watch DVD movies or streaming video.

As for the Lenovo 3000; it certainly was not their best move. Their mid-range Thinkpad Edge, however, are solidly built. I customized and bought one for my wife and I am pleased with the product.

Introduced in early 2010 the Edge series quickly became popular amongst consumers (and, no, I don't have stock in Lenovo :))

Back