Lenovo intros 14 and 15-inch ThinkPad Edge notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Promptly following the launch its 13-inch ThinkPad Edge notebook, Lenovo has expanded the range with 14 and 15-inch models. The new machines are still aimed at small and medium businesses, and inherit most of their younger sibling's traits. It's worth noting that we recently reviewed the 13-inch ThinkPad Edge if you're looking for more information about the line.

Both new laptops start at $649 and are seemingly identical apart from display sizes. Each kicks off with an Intel Core i3-330M processor (upgradable to i5-430M) and built-in Intel HD graphics, 2GB of DDR3 1066MHz RAM (up to 4GB), a 250GB 5400RPM HDD (up to 320GB 7200RPM), a DVD burner, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (on the more expensive models), a six-cell battery, and Windows 7 x64.

The systems also feature a seven-in-one card reader, an ExpressCard 34 slot, optional WWAN and GPS, a spill-resistant chiclet keyboard, and all the I/O ports you'd expect. All of the ThinkPad Edge notebooks are currently available through Lenovo's online store.

Permalink to story.

After IdeaPad, it's the time for ThinkPad Edge.. Lenovo is getting fast on product innovation and this one captures the new great features...

Lenovo's 14-inch ThinkPad T61 shaves a few millimeters off the company's more mainstream R-series laptops, but still boasts the same, solid ThinkPad DNA along with IT-friendly features by way of Intel's new Centrino Pro platform. The Trackpoint buttons look humongous. I guess it's to accommodate the giant trackpad, but they should market these things to basketball players.
http://www.onlinenotebook.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back