Lenovo intros 3D-equipped IdeaPad Y560d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

On the brink of 3D mania, Lenovo is hoping to ride the wave of consumers looking to invest in extra-dimensional visuals with the launch of its first 3D laptop. The 15.6-inch IdeaPad Y560d has a 1366x768 display capable of churning out 3D imagery (requires glasses, which are included) and hardware options include up to an Intel Core i7-940QM processor, a 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730, up to 8GB DDR3 RAM, and 250GB to 750GB of storage.

A range of other Core i3 and i5 CPUs are also listed, you can toss in a 32GB or 64GB SSD boot drive alongside the standard HDD, and the Y560d can be configured with a Blu-ray drive. Other specs include a 6-in-1 card reader, a 34mm ExpressCard slot, three Mini PCIe slots, three USB 2.0 ports (one eSATA combo), VGA and HDMI-out, gigabit Ethernet, wireless n, a 1.3MP webcam, a six-cell battery, and your choice of Windows 7 Basic, Premium or Professional.

The IdeaPad Y560d will be available through Lenovo's website by the end of the month with a base price of $1,200.

Permalink to story.

Crappy resolution again. Why are manufacturers using the 1366x768, which can't be used for basic web browsing due to the low vertical resolution (target resolution on many websites is 1024x768, meaning that if you have a task bar, you will have a scrollbar and have to scroll to see the bottom of page)?

Also Lenovo has a nasty habit of not allowing you to upgrade the screen so you might have the most powerful graphics card, a blu-ray drive, 8 GB DDR3, a 64 SSD, latest core i7 quad core with HT enabled, 3-D capability AND YET require that everything be run at 1366x768 since there is no option for even a 1600x900. WTF??? Blu-ray with 1366x768 is such a waste...

But with the hdmi output you can do it all on your 1080p tv correct? So its not all useless..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back