Lenovo intros all-in-one gaming PC, Core i7 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

Lenovo has made a handful of new system announcements this morning, adding three IdeaPad notebooks and a couple of IdeaCentre desktops to its lineup, while refreshing several existing models for Windows 7. Most interesting among them on the desktop side is the IdeaCentre B500, one of the few all-in-one PCs built for gamers and high-end media use with both a Core 2 Quad and discrete Geforce GTS 250M graphics.

Starting at $649, the B500 comes with a 23-inch, 1920x1080 display, up to 4GB of RAM and 1TB of storage, 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and a motion-control remote which doubles as a VoIP handset. Additional features include built-in JBL speakers and webcam as well as optional Blu-ray drive and TV tuner.

The IdeaCentre K300 minitower serves as Lenovo's midrange to performance series. Priced between $499 and $1,999, the new system features dual-core Celeron or Core 2 Quad chips, memory configurations varying from 1 to 8GB, ATI Radeon graphics from the HD4350 on up to the 4870 X2, the option of drives in RAID arrays and a unique hardware power toggle to throttle back the system and save energy. It also comes with integrated Wi-Fi, 8 USB ports, a 16-in-1 card reader, and a TV tuner.

On the mobile side Lenovo introduced its first Core i7 notebook, the IdeaPad Y550P, featuring a 15.6-inch screen, 500GB HDD, up to 8GB of RAM, and an Nvidia GeForce 240M graphics for around $1399. The company also expanded their ultraportable U line of thin-and-light notebooks with the 11.6-inch IdeaPad U150 starting at around $585 and 15.6-inch IdeaPad U550 at $650.

Permalink to story.

"The IdeaPad Y550P, featuring a 15.6-inch screen, 500GB HDD, up to 8GB of RAM, and an Nvidia
GeForce 240M graphics for around $1399"

That is one heck of a laptop. Would be great for some gaming on the go.

I'm glad to see Lenovo continuing to expand their product lines. I hope to see more in stores (very hard to find a Lenovo laptop to look at around here). I'm a little tired of HP power jack problems and Acer white screen problems. If Lenovo continues the IBM Thinkpad tradition of build quality and starts appealing to the masses, maybe more folks will start buying what I consider to be one of the best brands available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back