Lenovo Yoga Book with Windows Review

Scorpus

Staff member

Ever since Lenovo unveiled the Yoga Book in late August, I’ve been extremely excited to get my hands on it. This folding tablet-laptop hybrid is unlike any other product on the market, as it takes the concept of the 10-inch tablet with a keyboard and replaces the cumbersome docking mechanism with the Yoga series’ signature 360-degree hinge.

The resulting hardware is a beautifully slim tablet that folds apart like a book, transforming it into a lightweight, portable laptop. Lenovo is aiming for the best of both worlds here: a compact tablet that’s easy to hold and transport; and an on-the-go laptop that isn’t hindered by an awkward dock, mediocre keyboard case, or confusing tablet stand.

Read the complete review.

Do you think there should be some kind of clear keyboard mold that fits over the virtual keys to give you some definition? Or would that defeat the purpose of the device?

Don't understand why anyone would buy any product from this company after their sordid recent history with bloatware and malware.

There's at least 2 mistakes in the review:
a.) Of course you can turn off the Halo haptic feedback. There's a new halo setting in the system settings (not windows settings). This easily allows for turning off vibration and/or sound.
b.) Of course the pen works on both the display and the pad. I'm successfully doing this for example in Bamboo Paper.

There's at least 2 mistakes in the review:
a.) Of course you can turn off the Halo haptic feedback. There's a new halo setting in the system settings (not windows settings). This easily allows for turning off vibration and/or sound.
b.) Of course the pen works on both the display and the pad. I'm successfully doing this for example in Bamboo Paper.

You're right about the haptic feedback, turns out they've hidden it in the most confusing, ridiculous place possible. (In the Control Panel under either Programs, or Appearance and Personalization). This setting should be in the Windows Settings app, not in the Control Panel, on a tablet. Seems like Lenovo hacked together the utility in mere seconds.

Also, I tried the pen on the display and the experience was very janky and didn't respond well. Half the time it didn't register the pen at all.

With such a nice, futuristic outside appearance, I think it's a total let down to open it up and see such big bezels. Also, I am not sure why Lenovo continues to mess up the Ctrl/Fn key placement all the time. They should just admit they are wrong and conform to the way everyone else does it.

You must be located in Canada, as the keyboard you are showing is the bilingual keyboard that is often shipped with laptops within Canada, the frustratingly annoying miniature left shift key and upside down L shaped right Enter key. If you look at the US keyboard model, it has the standard shapes:
http://www.computershopper.com/var/...vo-yoga-book-keyboard-full_slideshow_main.jpg

I won't buy laptops from Canadian vendors for this reason, and shop off Amazon.com or BH Photos in order to receive the US keyboard version.

Back