LGA 1150 motherboard

Lurker101

Long and short, my Z87 Pro has died. Thanks to work commitments, I haven't really had the time to look around. What would be a good equivalent or upgrade to a Z87 Pro that's available for sale.

You are going to have to get one second hand as Z87 are not made anymore. An upgrade would be a Z97 motherboard and is compatible with all CPUs that the Z87 is compatible with. If you want to keep the CPU and ram you are going to have to buy an used motherboard regardless if it is Z87 or Z97. The other option is to upgrade to the newest intel CPUs with DDR4 ram and Z270 motherboards.

You are going to have to get one second hand as Z87 are not made anymore. An upgrade would be a Z97 motherboard and is compatible with all CPUs that the Z87 is compatible with. If you want to keep the CPU and ram you are going to have to buy an used motherboard regardless if it is Z87 or Z97. The other option is to upgrade to the newest intel CPUs with DDR4 ram and Z270 motherboards.
I agree, there are only used motherboards on market and you can buy z97 instead of z87.

Back