Lian Li's PC-X510 packs three cooling chambers and plenty of brushed aluminum

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Lian Li is well-known for crafting some of the best PC enclosures in the industry. Its latest creation, the PC-X510, appears to be no exception.

The all-aluminum PC-X510 features three distinct airflow chambers – one for drives at the top, another in the middle for the motherboard and supporting hardware and a third at the bottom for the power supply.

A trio of 120mm fans stacked vertically along the front wall pull cool air into the main chamber. These are mounted on a tool-free holder that can be removed with just two thumbscrews and replaced with a 360mm radiator.

Up top, we find two removable drive trays mounted on shock-absorbing rubber grommets. Each tray can accommodate two drives for a total of four 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch drives. Best yet, the trays can be removed completely if you’re picky about cable management (one of the trays can be mounted behind the motherboard tray so you can still use up to two drives that remain out of sight) or plan to install watercooling gear using the two pre-punched 120mm fan holes on the roof.

In terms of hardware, the PC-X510 has room for video cards up to 330mm in length, 180mm tall CPU coolers and power supplies measuring 245mm long.

The case features eight expansion slots and two 120mm exhaust fans around back, four USB 3.0 ports and HD audio jacks up front and removable fan filters. A side panel with tempered glass window offers a view into the interior.

Lian Li describes the PC-X510 as having the space of a full tower in a standard mid-tower chassis. It’s able to do this as the case has no front bays for optical drives, a design decision that makes sense considering they’re virtually obsolete at this point.

The Lian Li PC-X510 goes on sale this month priced at $399.

Permalink to story.

It's no doubt a nice case nice but it looks a little too tall and narrow to me. The price is also too tall and not narrow enough for my liking though.

It's no doubt a nice case nice but it looks a little too tall and narrow to me. The price is also too tall and not narrow enough for my liking though.
The only thing about it I think is nice is the front panel, but the proportions are all off for me. On top of that the price doesn't justify the cons I'd have to live with if I bought the thing.

The only thing about it I think is nice is the front panel, but the proportions are all off for me. On top of that the price doesn't justify the cons I'd have to live with if I bought the thing.
I wouldn't buy it either, it's too expensive just for a case as far as I'm concerned.

It's a full ATX tower trying to be like a mini-ITX tower in shape... I see a lot of potential and already know how I'd want to kit that case out. It would be a fun project... if it was like a third the price. That's just too expensive for what it is, and that coming from the guy who still is holding out against a potential PC-O5S purchase.

This is close to what my vision of the ideal case is shaping into. Well, closer than any other, at least. It still wouldn't do, because an optical drive is still something that I won't do without. And there is perfectly good space for it too, right there at the top. This is a crippled version of my ideal. Not only crippled, but also fattened. I would make even shorter and bring it to a much cheaper price point.

Back