Limewire connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
every time i start up lime wire i only get 1 bar for conection, and that doesnt do jack, i tried disconecting and then reconecting and that doesnt work, i run the latest norton anti virus system on my computer, and i went to the whole fire wall thingy and saved lime wire as allow, and i still get crap, how do i fix this???

By allowing Limewire through your firewall, you have out your computer at risk. Whatever infected file is on Limewire can now make it's way to your system with no resistance from your firewall. Not smart at all.

ok i switched the fire wall back over to custom and did a full system scan to make sure i hev no infected files, but now im back where i started........

I don't know what that "one bar" is for. That sound more like what is displayed for a wireless connection. It that what you mean?

If the Limewire connection itself is slow, it might be at that time, the servers are too busy and it's going to be slow.

There are alot of people having this very problem, and the solutions that tech support offer, don't fix it. Remove the firewall,...that doesn't work. Allow limewire in your computer's Virus protector, that doesn't work either. At first I thought this was limewire's lousy attempt at forcing people to download limewire pro...but people who have, say that it didn't improve a thing. Let me guess, you try to connect, the bars don't move. Even if you do everything tech support says to do, the bars don't move. Don't waste your time.
Since it is a legal, but controversial way of downloading media, it creates the same displeasure with R.I.A.A. suits, and you must remember, they have the means to stop limewire, even if it is concidered legal by law. Think of Morpheus, KaZaA, and WinMX...they had each started out exactly like limewire and after a while, their functions started acting buggy.
There is no coincidence that limewire is now starting to act like it is, and I'm afraid there is only ONE solution....

Wait until the next one comes along and let limewire fade away like the rest of them did.
There is a torrent download site that works fine, but I am hesitant to mention it because I want at least a few more months before it starts acting buggy...

Thanks 10010100
Oh I removed your repeated (word for word) post reply to that 2007 thread (one is enough for anyone ;) )
By the way, I personally do not help anyone with malware infection removal whilst Limewire (or any other known Torrent program) is installed.
Pretty sure this program is the cause of many Malwares distribution on the net

And it is alarming that you are even mentioning shutting down the firewall and/or disabling the antivirus program for any files sharing site! The people who do that will find need of the Virus and Malware Cleaning we offer, because they ARE going to get it!

And it is alarming that you are even mentioning shutting down the firewall and/or disabling the antivirus program for any files sharing site! The people who do that will find need of the Virus and Malware Cleaning we offer, because they ARE going to get it!

I never suggested it. Others have though. (that's why I added the "it doesn't work" part after it)
Tech support on limewire.com suggests that stupid idea.

Try also to uninstall it, and then install it again. I've heard that works for a little while.

Thanks 10010100
Oh I removed your repeated (word for word) post reply to that 2007 thread (one is enough for anyone ;) )
By the way, I personally do not help anyone with malware infection removal whilst Limewire (or any other known Torrent program) is installed.

I never asked you for help. I never would.

Originally Posted by kimsland View Post
Thanks 10010100
Oh I removed your repeated (word for word) post reply to that 2007 thread (one is enough for anyone )

P.S. You deleted the reply with the added "how does it effect you" comment after it...haha....word for word huh? I see it bothered you a little.

I never asked you for help. I never would.
P.S. You deleted the reply with the added "how does it effect you" comment after it...haha....word for word huh? I see it bothered you a little.
By the way, you may want to help yourself in future and not post 3 replies in a row; you can even multi-quote a message instead of replying with quotes, but I suppose you don't need my help on that ;) strange you didn't just do that though :suspiciou

Here's your last missing part of the reply to the 2007 thread
And to the folks who are calling it a crime,...how.....does.....it......affect...................you?
Unless you are an artist getting your songs downloaded, or a programmer getting your
programs downloaded, do us a favor and stop acting like crusaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back