Limited Connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with wireless internet and have windows Vista.

The other day I was on a website and it appeared to start to download something I thought might be a virus so I panicked and turned off my laptop.

When I turned it on afterwards, an error message always comes up saying 'jjeueswb.exe has stopped working and has had to be closed' or something like that.

A byproduct of this is that I cannot get on the internet. The wireless connection is strong but there is a little exclamation mark next to the internet connection where there is normally a little blue circle.

When I go into the network it says I have limited connectivity and I am connected with limited access.

I get the feeling that something has gone wrong with my security settings when I turned off the computer in a panic but I really don't know what to do now.

I have tried going into internet explorer without add-on's and it still does not work.

Do you have any idea what I can do to sort out this problem?

Much appreciated.

Rob

Not sure if this will sort out your issue, but it's worth a shot:

Start > search for (and open) cmd > type netsh winsock reset > hit enter > when it's complete, reboot your laptop.

Didn't Work

Thanks for that Matthew but it didn't change anything. Anyone got any other ideas? Have tried to do a system restore but my computer wont let me do it, even in safe mode. Dont know what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back