Limited no connectivity unable to renew IP address

okay I hope im posting this in the right place sorry if I didn't. okay I have an hp presario desktop 2004 and i a unable to use the internet because my ipadress has disappeared i have tried turning off everything restarting new cables and everything ipconfig/release renew restore and nothing it won't show up and when i tried the releas it says that it has been released but theres nothing there with the renew it says unable to connect to the RPC driver. I have a cable connection so it's just a modem no router and i just use and ethernet cable to connect to the internet they are all working fine called cable company and they were unable to help either sais it must have something to do with the compter. so if there is anyone who can help please do i am desperate here....

You have a computer that appears to be sic years old... after six years, several components are often damaged... especially the hard drive.
Do you have the software to format and install a new hard drive?
What is your configuration...
And HP Presario should be a Compaq Presario... I would borrow a computer to download all the drivers, or get somebody to download them for you. If you don't have install disks, you can buy them from HP via a phone call... if they have any left.
When is the last time your computer worked properly and what happened to apparently make it stop working properly.
Do you have a friend who is tech smart to help you take a look at the computer and its components?

Thank you so much for your help.my brother and step dad are very computer savvy but they both live in cali and im in arizona so I won't see them until christmas and i don't have any off the cd's to fix the problem myself... so is it just that the hard drive needs to be replaced? the last time it was working was maybe 5 days ago now i was just browsing the internet and i lost my connection and when i went to fix it thats when i got the message about the ip address..and again thank you for your help!

Where are you in Arizona. I am in Green Valley at the moment. Perhaps we can talk on the phone... if you give me a number.

Back