Limited or No Connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloppy998

Hey guys, ive got an annoying problem. Im using a belkin router, im using around 5-6 pc's, laptops and an xbox on the network. Sometimes when i turn on my xbox the whole network goes down which requires me to unplug the power cable to my router and put it back in (which is a little bit frustrating).

The main problem is when i load a program called bitlord. I can get around 20 mins - 3 hours of downloading before the router messes up (showing limited 'or' no connectivity on all the pc's around the house) which means i have to unplug the router and plug it back in and the network is fine.

Im not sure why this is. Is this my router settings or is there something very wrong with the router itself.

It doesnt seem to help even if i set up static ip adresses!

Any help is much appreciated!

Hey Sloppy998

When you get a "limited or no connectivity" sign on your quick bar have u ever tried the "Repair" option by double clicking on your network connection? This has be known to resolve the problem in some cases as it reassigns new IP addresses to all the devices I think (this would then include the Xbox as well).... If you havn't tried this yet, you might want to before trying anything else....

Spyder_1386 :)

You may also want to see if there are updates to the router firmware available and apply those to see if that solves the problem.

its probably the bitloard program that steals all open threads to the internet and overloads the router, making it impossible for the router to manage the DHCP service. Try changing the settings in bitlord. If your router supports QoS try inforcing that on the bitlord program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back