Linksys router

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a linksys router my pc is hardwired to the router.. there are 3 other laptops in my home that run off the same router ''wireless'' , all pc's use windows os..
I need to know if there is a way for me to view the amount of traffic comeing and going threw the router..

thanks

start with the linksys site, click support and find the manuals for your router. It may provide some statistics for you. btw.. just what is it you are trying to find out by the traffic statistics?

linksys

Well my daughter's boyfriend hangs around alot and has his laptop with him .it seems as if every weekend all the pc's lag hard the internet get's so slow almost like dial-up service. and he like going to DL site's ''something i dont like' .. i just wanted to see the traffic statistics..and one day my isp guy said we had some p2p running for 2days ..well im not aware of any programs on the 3 pc's i have. so just working it out..

Time to tell your daughter's bf to stop using your Internet.

Yes, all routers keep track of usage. Open a web browser, i.e. Internet Explorer, and enter the following IP address '192.168.2.1' (no quotes) Login. Default is no username (leave blank) and the password is admin (I think) Once inside the router there is a page that lists all the statistics. It may take a while to figure out what is what but everything you are asking about is listed.

The best way to prevent the daughter's bf from using the Internet is to put encryption on the wireless. If you don't have that setup, repost and I'll explain how you do it.

Best,
-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back