Little problem involving a BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there people of techspot!

I am having a rather inconvenient issue with my computer. I very often get a blue screen in some specific applications. The applications it involves are 3d applications/games, things that take a bit of power from the machine. Now it doesnt always happen, and sometimes i can play fine, and sometimes it occurs after a short period of gaming. Its all varied and theres no way of knowing when its gone happen next.

My system

Power supply: Enermax 460W
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850
Motherboard: Abit Fatal1ty fp-in9
Memory: 2x1Gb Crucial Ballistix ddr2 6400 & 2x1gb Kingston hyperX ddr2 6400
Video Card: XFX Geforce 8800GTS 512MB Alpha dog edition

Everything is at stock speeds!

The last error message i got :

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1044

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 8F27024A
BCP3: A804B954
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini062408-01.dmp
C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-43196-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE889.tmp.version.txt

Basically what im hoping for is some pointers in the right direction because this is really bugging me, i built this computer 6 months ago, and i want it to be pefect.

Thanks in advance for any help i can get!

regards

I've been getting this too very randomly. Look at my specs... Very similar to yours. I'm leaning towards the XFX drivers for Vista. What OS are you running?

Your PSU may be the cause of the problem, with PSU problems, it's more of a "flavor-of-the-day" sort of issue where you may start getting hardware failures of BSODs out of nowhere. Is this hardware new or has your rig been stable with this PSU for quite some time now? You do seem to have very high end computer parts for a 460W PSU is my inquiry.

Well the computer has been running stable on and off.. And like i said, its with high load that it fails, ive checked if there is heat problems. but no.. But the problem with crashing has been there since the start i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back