Loading CD driver...

Brian1960

Hi,

I just replaced my motherboard and was lucky enough to access my windows XP. Some drivers updated but I am not able to access my CD drive and it's showing a weird driver that I can't update. I'm using an old HP CD Writer Plus as my CD but XP won't update so basically I can't access the new motherboard drivers.

Any suggestions? I've done this stuff before but it's been a few years.

Brian

A couple things spring to mind.

1. If you have internet access you shouldn't be using the mobo cd for drivers.
2. Delete the apparent CD drive in device manager, XP should reinstall the right one on reboot. Windows uses a generic driver for optical drives.

I need to pull head out of butt... Been a while since I messed with all this software/hardware problems, well just in general.

I have my CD drive working and it actually was before, just didn't want to open the new MB CD, yikes, and still won't.

One problem I'm having is my PC won't always boot to windows unless I cut power to the unit. I reformatted a 2nd drive and am going to load XP to that and then try to format my faster and quieter main drive, then load XP onto that. Why is it so difficult to just reformat a drive and replace the OS??? I don't get it!

Back