Loading Windows problem

jonti007

I am having a problem loading windows 7 on to my desktop, I have succesfully loaded it before but not now. The load is ok till I get to the part where the computer reboots then I get the message to "Press any key to load from dvd", then it reloads as in a loop of some kind.
I cant get past the reboot point
I have the bios set to read the dvd drive first and it does that, but why can I get past the reboot point, I have got the bios set right?
Any help Please

Are you trying to install Windows 7 onto your desktop? Or is Windows 7 already installed and you're trying to boot it up?

I am trying to load win 7 onto my desktop, i have formated the drive for a clean install. the files load on but I cannot progress beyond the reboot stage

After the initial load do not "press any key to load from dvd" - after a few seconds the system will then boot from the hard drive and contine the installation.

Exactly as Mizzou says...I suppose anyone could get caught in circles if they aint installed Windows before...I've done it in the past with XP.

Hi Mizzou I have left it with the instruction on screen but just hangs there with nothing moving at all.

H Benny, I have loaded win 7 seven onto my desktop a few times over the last couple of years. only now do I have problems.Thats why I think maybe the bios settings could be wrong

Yeah, your bios boot settings might need to be looked at, if it's not carrying on with the installation. Either that or Windows isn't installing the first set of drivers properly before it's rebooting.

Just make sure the hard drive your installing Windows on, is right behind your DVD drive in preference (so 2nd boot device). If these are set properly and it still hangs. It might be something to do with the installation itself like i said above.

Right I have checked and the first boot is the dvd drive the next is the sata drive.
The sata drive is set at IDE should it be set at RAID????

The IDE setting is ok, just means the drive is running in Native IDE Mode which is normal. See if this workaround gets you past this problem:

1. Boot from the DVD for the initial load.
2. When Windows restarts enter the BIOS during the restart.
3. Put the Sata drive you are loading Windows on 1st in the Boot Priority.
4. Save BIOS and continue with the installation.

This wouldn't normally be necessary but it sounds like something is glitching up on the DVD boot sequence.

Hi Mizzou Sorry that did not work, mores the pity, the interesting thing about this is that I can load xp pro with no problems, strange isnt it

Back