Logitech unveils G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Logitech has unveiled the G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. It may come as a surprise to some that this is the company’s first mechanical input device in their 30+ year history. Logitech says the board combines high-speed non-clicking key switches with a dampening ring underneath each keycap to reduce overall noise, a typical complaint among certain mechanical boards.

The board uses keys with an actuation force of 45g and a distance of 4mm. It is backlit with white LEDs that are adjustable to one of four brightness levels or can be disabled completely. Additionally, the brightness of the arrow and WASD keys can be adjusted independently for better visibility when gaming.

Durability shouldn’t be a concern as Logitech claims the G710+ has undergone significant torture testing with professional gamers, partners, publishers and everyday gamers. As such, the board has a life cycle of at least 50 million keystrokes.

Anti-ghosting and 26-key rollover means gamers will be able to enter complex keystrokes without having to worry about commands going unregistered. With the included Logitech Gaming Software, it’s easier than ever to program complex macros or Lua gaming scripts. The board accepts up to 18 individual functions per game.

The Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard will be available in the US this month before launching in Europe sometime in December. The board carries a suggested retail price of $149.99 and supports Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

Permalink to story.

PC manufacturers really need to spend more time and focus on design esthetics. it's just as important as function in this modern day and age.

Interesting...but indepenent lighting for wasd and arrow keys is just redundant for the experienced gamer imho. Other than lack of macro keys I find my Microsoft comfort curve 2000 to be just fine, but then again I don't game on the professional competition level :p

Interesting...but indepenent lighting for wasd and arrow keys is just redundant for the experienced gamer imho. Other than lack of macro keys I find my Microsoft comfort curve 2000 to be just fine, but then again I don't game on the professional competition level :p

I agree, my last two keyboards have been Comfort Curve 2000 and Comfort Curve 3000, great value.

Im a little suprised at how long it took logitech to release a mechanical keyboard. They're pretty late to the party and unfortunately this keyboard doesnt bring any advantages over the others in the mechanical market. I have a corsair K90 and I love it

So tactile, non-clicky, 45g actuatation force - I'm guessing these are using MX Browns?

Keyboard manufacturers should really start stating clearly what switches are used, anyone who's thinking of buying a mechanical keyboard will want to know.

I really like the dedicated media controls, hopefully now that Logitech and Corsair are in the market more manufacturers will start doing this.

About damn time. They FINALLY have a mechanical keyboard. Even though this thing really isn't impressive in any way shape or form. It's pretty ugly. Single color LED backlighting (and it's white for that matter), and it's $150.

This is utter garbage once again from a garbage manufacturer of inferior peripherals. I stopped buying Logitech a long time ago.

Late to the party (both me and logitech), but their build quality is pretty damn bad. Backplane pings, keyboard flexes with pressure and the white LED is obnoxious as hell (does anyone at logitech use their PC in the dark? I mean seriously), not to mention a lot of the keycaps and LEDs have poor lighting in them.

Still one of the very few mechanical keyboards with a STANDARD layout AND dedicated media keys, with some macro keys as a bonus (which I almost never use).

A decent first attempt; but the king of PC peripherals could've, and should've, done way better.

Back