Logitech unveils three new gaming products and a quick Q & A session with Logitech!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikael

Just wanted to make sure that you guys saw this great news submission! Click here to be taken to the story. :)

We had the pleasure to briefly talk with Erik Charlton, senior product-marketing manager at Logitech, who shared a few ideas and details on Logitech recently announced products, please read on for the full interview.

If you guys have any questions for Logitech or myself, feel free to ask! :D

What good are these reviews if no one pins them down on operating system support?

I have three logitech products, well 4, 2 Mx 510's, an Mx 1000 and the STX web camera, I have persistantly emailed them about support for the 64 bit OS, when I first started I got the standard they will be ready when they are ready, now I email them and I get we have no plans at this time to support the 64 bit OS. Since this is the support mail I get from them, then tell me why should I support a company who isn't properly supporting the customers?

And lets not hear that the 64 bit OS is beta or it's not widely used. It is used, it's sold installed on systems, it's available...period

So my question is when you do these reviews why don't you pin them down on Operating System support?

and yes I know the OS offers basic functions, but I didn't buy them for their basic functions.

I'm really digging the 2000dpi goodness on a mouse that's contoured for your hand, instead of those neutral-designed Razer Diamondback type mice that really bother me.

We've been using the Logitech G5 mouse for a couple of hours now. My initial impressions on this mouse are very good ones. ;) You will be able to read all of my thoughts soon enough.

Logitech=Frustration

I know that left-handed people are a minority, but WHY does Logitech insist on treating us like stepchildren?

Whenever Logitech comes out with a new mouse technology (such as the laser for the MX1000 & these new mice), it seems that they always start with a RIGHT-HAND ONLY version and wait months to release the technology in a more generic (ambidextrous) product.

Now I know that the right-hand version always has more features than does the later-arriving generic version (so Logitech can sell it for more), but why not release the generic and the right-hand versions at the same time and at the same price so that lefties can use the technology sooner and those who can make use of the extra right-hand only features can get right after it, as well? Logitech would still make a bundle.

Actually, I have a lot of trouble understaning why Logitech will not either:

- Design the shell so that it is symmetrical but has comfigurable side buttons on each side; or

- "Flip" the mold to create left-handed versions from the beginning.

I don't need all the fancy gaming features -- I just want a super accurate mouse that I can use left-handedly.

GRRRRRR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back