Logitech launches a new line of gaming products designed with inclusivity in mind

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: Logitech has announced a new line of gaming peripherals and accessories designed to appeal to all gamers, regardless of gender. The Aurora Collection consists of the G715 Wireless Gaming Keyboard and the G713 Gaming Keyboard as well as the G705 Wireless Gaming Mouse and the G735 Wireless Gaming Headset.

Logitech said the gender inclusive set features a distinctive aesthetic and design language that can be personalized through custom accessories and color options, and addresses the needs and wants of women gamers. It was "conceptualized based on the feedback from women gamers across the community and brought to life by a team of predominantly women innovation, design, engineering and marketing leaders at Logitech."

The design process was guided by three principles: comfort, approachability and playfulness. Logitech's language makes the line sound more like it was designed by women gamers, for women gamers – not to be gender inclusive, but I digress.

The G715 and G713 mechanical gaming keyboards feature a compact, tenkeyless layout, a cloud-soft palm rest, Lightspeed wireless or Bluetooth wireless connectivity and are height adjustable. Over wireless, gamers can expect up to 25 hours of battery life between charges.

The G705 wireless gaming mouse is meant for users with smaller hands. It tips the scale at 85 grams, utilizes a gaming-grade sensor, Lightspeed wireless or Bluetooth connectivity, and has an easy-reach DPI-cycling button. The six-button pointer is rated for 40 hours of gaming with RBG lighting enabled.

The G735 wireless gaming headset is the first Logitech G headset with Blue Voice microphone technology. It packs up to 56 hours of battery life (with RG lighting off) and like the others, can connect wirelessly via Logitech's Lightspeed tech or over Bluetooth.

The Aurora Collection is available to purchase from today over on Logitech website and at global retailers, and all new products are backed by a two-year limited hardware warranty. TheG715 Wireless Gaming Keyboard and the G713 Gaming Keyboard are priced at $199.99 and $169.99, respectively. The G705 Wireless Gaming Mouse will set you back $99.99 and the G735 Wireless Gaming Headset will set buyers back $229.99. All told, you're looking at around $530 for a matching keyboard, mouse and headset.

Permalink to story.

Making a full line of gaming products for the lunatics twitter users who lives to follow the last trend and like to be called differently to feel like they're "specials"... when will those companies learn that's it's maybe 1 or 2% of the ppl and the vast majority don't care about their BS ? anything to sell I see...

Don't care about these but I'm sure some will and it will sell.

I'd have to say that I love my Logitech MX Keys and Logitech MX Master 3 and will keep buying them.

Nothing like designing based on stereotypes..?

Black/grey/white/RGB wasn't exclusive in the first place 😂
No kidding, don't you find this a bit odd? First, what makes you think there aren't plenty of men out there that might want a pink keyboard? And white? Why don't men like white keyboards again? I, personally, wouldn't choose either of those colors but that's more about showing dirt, not that I don't like the colors. I have tons of pink shirts, so...

And what about non-binary people? What color do they get?

Don't care about these but I'm sure some will and it will sell.

I'd have to say that I love my Logitech MX Keys and Logitech MX Master 3 and will keep buying them.
Me too. Use them with Macs and Windows machines. Not the best gaming keyboard and mouse, though I do use them for that.

I am what some snowflakes would consider "woke", but having a keyboard that is simply not "gaming aesthetic" is not inclusive. Logitech should just call it what it is, peripherals with aesthetics marketed to women; just like almost hardware that is white or pink instead of black. The only thing "women" in the design is the smaller keycaps, which they probably just re-use from a slimmer profile keyboard in the line up.

When I think of inclusive for hardware, I think of peripherals designed with people disabilities in mind, which I think Microsoft actually did in the past. That's the sort of inclusivity I like to see, not some pretty pink on a keyboard.

Edit: Changed from "designed for" to "marketed to"

Last edited:
Nothing like designing based on stereotypes..?

Black/grey/white/RGB wasn't exclusive in the first place 😂
Yea, Im waiting for their Keyboards and Mice that have a watermelon paintjob, or maybe you could rub it and it would smell like Curry, or fried chicken.

When I think of inclusive for hardware, I think of peripherals designed with people disabilities in mind, which I think Microsoft actually did in the past. That's the sort of inclusivity I like to see, not some pretty pink on a keyboard.

When I first saw the headline, it was this kind of inclusivity I first thought about. It's peripherals we're talking about after all. How naive of me to have that thought in current clown world year.

Making expensive pink and white peripherals isn't inclusive at all, in fact it seems quite prejudiced as reaffirming stereotypes.

$200 for a keyboard? Dang, inclusivity is expensive!

That pink set sure is cute though

Use to wear a pink tie sometimes back in the day tbf wore it with a near black suit , white dress shirt , black belt, black leather brogues and socks - so effect was masculine .

Another woke POS company I will no longer be purchasing from.
I know those companies that do pink phones , or extra large buttons for disabled really trigger me too .
They should do what we really want - done in our sports teams colours or our favourite game .
Heaven forbid if any women in my household asks for this .
Strange how I never get triggered my products made to look super violent .

Go to your big box store and see how many items are made with women/girls in mind .
You are only triggered due to the speech attached I hope .
Lots of cars are sold with women in mind .
Women gamers is one of the largest demographics

Funny how triggered people like CGDCT - cute girls doing cute things
Do you complain women are just not feminine enough as well ?

Another woke POS company I will no longer be purchasing from.
The whole backlash against "woke" or "snowflakes" is that people get "triggered" over things some may see as trivial. Do you not see the irony of getting triggered over a pink keyboard while complaining about a company being "woke".

You are probably the sort of people that complain about companies making gluten free food. A company don't need to make only products that cater to your taste.

The whole backlash against "woke" or "snowflakes" is that people get "triggered" over things some may see as trivial. Do you not see the irony of getting triggered over a pink keyboard while complaining about a company being "woke".

You are probably the sort of people that complain about companies making gluten free food. A company don't need to make only products that cater to your taste.
I at least gave him the benefit of the doubt - not that the product was pink - but the whole inclusivity speech set him( most likely ) off

Back