Logitech's G333 wired gaming earphones offer hassle-free audio under $50

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Editor's take: True wireless earbuds are a hot commodity these days yet even still, some people prefer the hassle-free convenience that only a wired headset can deliver. No batteries to fool with, no wireless connections to fight - just plug-and-play goodness. If that sounds like your idea of a good time and you are in the market for some new audio gear, perhaps Logitech's latest wired earbuds are worth a look.

Logitech on Tuesday welcomed a new member to its vast gaming portfolio. The Logitech G333s are wired gaming earphones that feature two separate drivers in each ear housing: one for bass and the other for mids and highs.

They utilize a flat, tangle-free cable with in-line mic and audio controls. The cable terminates in a basic 3.5mm jack, but the included USB-C adapter makes them compatible with most modern platforms including PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, the PC and mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.

The earbud housing is constructed of sturdy aluminum for a fashionable, durable and lightweight feel. Technical specifications are as follows:

Earphones:

• 2 dynamic drivers: 0.2 in (5.8 mm) + 0.3 in (9.2 mm)
  • Frequency Response: 20 Hz ~ 20 KHz
  • Impedance: 24 Ohms ±20%
  • Sensitivity: 101.6±3 dB @ 1 kHz SPL

Microphone:

• 0.2 in (4 mm) ECM mic, sensitivity: -42 dB

The bundle includes the earphones, three sizes of soft silicone ear tips, the aforementioned USB-C dongle and a carrying pouch.

The Logitech G333 Gaming Earphones are offered in three colorways – black, white, or purple – and are available as of writing directly from Logitech for $49.99.

Permalink to story.

$50 is too high. Maybe it would have been acceptable if they included a USBC, 3.5mm and lightning connection for the Phone.

Isn't it more a sign that people are maybe realising the BT craze is stupid? 250 bucks for digital noise compression or 50 bucks for something that sounds cleaner, faster and more accurate.
Nope. The BT age is not stupid at all. $250 is what my AirPod pros cost and no headphone with a wire comes close to how good they are at being a convenient pair of headphones with noise cancelling and half decent sound quality. I’ve actually stopped using my better sounding Jaba headphones as they are way way bulkier and don’t have noise cancelling nor does the battery last as long.

But I also have a pair of $15 Xiaomi wireless earbuds (mi dots or something) and they are decent for what they are. You could get three pairs of those for the price of these Logitech parts)

Wired headphones for mobiles are a thing of the past at this point mate. And I couldn’t be happier.

Nope. The BT age is not stupid at all. $250 is what my AirPod pros cost and no headphone with a wire comes close to how good they are at being a convenient pair of headphones with noise cancelling and half decent sound quality. I’ve actually stopped using my better sounding Jaba headphones as they are way way bulkier and don’t have noise cancelling nor does the battery last as long.

But I also have a pair of $15 Xiaomi wireless earbuds (mi dots or something) and they are decent for what they are. You could get three pairs of those for the price of these Logitech parts)

Wired headphones for mobiles are a thing of the past at this point mate. And I couldn’t be happier.
I don't mind the convenience of bluetooth. I use my Galaxy Buds Pros a lot.
That said. Even though those Buds Pros happen to be amongst the most "premium sounding" truly wireless earbuds money can buy, they sound awful compared to my wired Audeze headphones connected to my portable media player. It's not even a discussion what sounds better, more like comparing cheap no-name hong kong headphones with pure bliss.

Wired headphones and earphones will be a thing for as long as the bluetooth equivalence is hampered by lossy transfer and a sub-par low voltage DAC.

I don't mind the convenience of bluetooth. I use my Galaxy Buds Pros a lot.
That said. Even though those Buds Pros happen to be amongst the most "premium sounding" truly wireless earbuds money can buy, they sound awful compared to my wired Audeze headphones connected to my portable media player. It's not even a discussion what sounds better, more like comparing cheap no-name hong kong headphones with pure bliss.

Wired headphones and earphones will be a thing for as long as the bluetooth equivalence is hampered by lossy transfer and a sub-par low voltage DAC.
So for me the convenience and noise cancelling of these AirPods outweigh the sound quality. I have studio monitors at home, high quality DAC, silent power supplies, soundproofing, dampening and all sorts for good sound but if I’m on a plane or logging in at work etc I would much rather have my AirPod pros than a high fidelity set of headphones. The sound quality is quite average on AirPods but combined with the noise cancelling they are really very good for being out and about. And they slip into such a tiny little capsule. I’m a hard AirPod pro fanboy, they have made all my previous headphones both wired and BT look old fashioned.

So for me the convenience and noise cancelling of these AirPods outweigh the sound quality. I have studio monitors at home, high quality DAC, silent power supplies, soundproofing, dampening and all sorts for good sound but if I’m on a plane or logging in at work etc I would much rather have my AirPod pros than a high fidelity set of headphones. The sound quality is quite average on AirPods but combined with the noise cancelling they are really very good for being out and about. And they slip into such a tiny little capsule. I’m a hard AirPod pro fanboy, they have made all my previous headphones both wired and BT look old fashioned.
Sure, if I'd only spend my time either in a studio home or in a flying airplane, I'd also agree on that. However, I mostly spend my on-the-go time not-flying around in airplanes. So, sound quality matters a lot more to me than the occasional added active noise cancelling. That is why I decided to spend extra money on a dedicated portable music player and a pair of high quality on-ear headphones. The on-ear part is one of the important parts for me as those tend to give the best passive noise cancelling while still keeping a lot of the sound stage and speaker quality of full size over-ear dittos.

The fact that Sennheiser, just this month, decided to release a pair of 300 buck wired "prosumer" earphones is a pretty good indicator that there is a decently sized demographics today prioritizing sound quality over wirelessness.

Mobile and wireless technology, as imagined by Apple, since its inception, has been constantly a case of putting the cart before the horse. I am sick and tired of the waves of useless gadgets and their underpowered batteries and the contempt Apple artificially inflames with their design choices for practical and timeless standards, whether that's the physical keyboard or the 3.5 jack.

People complain about the energy usage of crypto, but has anyone tried to measure the energy waste from all these wireless technologies that are less efficient and more power-hungry than an equivalent wired technology in aggregate? Or the mountains of e-waste made by completely unnecessary annual phone upgrades? Considering Apple's sales last year were $65 billion (eclipsing Nvidia's total sales more than 16x over), it can't be insignificant.

Funny to see people follow wherever the fad goes. And now the latest BS craze are the "buds".

In the end, nothing beats a classic wired headphones or earphones.

Simple. Effective. Powerful.

The BT craze fundamentally is fine, but took away something: choice.

There is a place for better wireless technology, but there is a place also for highest quality music. I own wireless noise cancelling cans and buds, and I own good wired headphones, and I also own some wireless gaming headsets. What I really miss is non-stupidly cheap/bad wired earphones that is ultimately less bulky than "truely wireless" earbuds, it seems that you go up in price range you can only get wireless gadgets. For most consumers nowadays, wireless is the only normal choice because doing anything differently is an additional hurdle.

The wireless push is ultimately down to one thing: money. Yes, it made wireless headphones nicer, but that is going to happen anyway but there is far bigger profit margin in convincing you that you need BT headphones than keeping a headphone jack. Is it any surprise that most phone companies that don't make headphones previously, started making them after the jack is phased out? No.

Back