Logitech's new G604 LightSpeed wireless gaming mouse ships this fall

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: Designed specifically for battle royale, massive multiplayer online (MMO) and multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) games, the G604 features 15 controls that can be mapped to commands, macros and more using the Logitech G HUB software. It’s also equipped with a durable metal scroll wheel that can switch between hyper-fast and ratcheted scrolling on-the-fly.

Logitech on Monday announced a brand new gaming mouse in the G604 LightSpeed wireless gaming mouse.

Logitech’s latest also features a High Efficiency Rated Optical (HERO) 16K (16,000 max DPI) sensor that delivers “precise gameplay and improved power efficiency with zero smoothing, filtering or acceleration.” Dual wireless technology support means you can sync the mouse to one computer using the LightSpeed wireless technology and another PC via Bluetooth. With it, Logitech claims you’ll get up to 240 hours of runtime over LightSpeed and up to 5.5 months of use over Bluetooth on a single AA battery.

Ujesh Desai, vice president and general manager of Logitech Gaming, said that if you’re into games like Fortnite and WoW Classic, “then this just might be the mouse you’re looking for.”

The Logitech G604 LightSpeed wireless gaming mouse is available to pre-order from writing priced at $99.99. Look for it to ship this fall backed by a two-year warranty.

Permalink to story.

I have no idea why they chose to redesign the g602 in a new form for mmos when the g600 is a better choice in my opinion. that mouse shape is extremely comfortable and the side buttons were the smoothest/clickiest ive ever used in an mmo mouse. the corsair variant sucks and the redragon m901 is just what it is, which is a 30 dollar mouse and the naga triniy ring finger rest simply sucks in comparison. the g600 needs to be redesigned with a lighter weight, less wobbly left right and ring finger buttons that don't rub against each other and the atrocious mouse cable either needs to be removed or redesigned. I wish they'd prioritize the g600 over this redesigned g602 or the mx518.

I have no idea why they chose to redesign the g602 in a new form for mmos when the g600 is a better choice in my opinion. that mouse shape is extremely comfortable and the side buttons were the smoothest/clickiest ive ever used in an mmo mouse. the corsair variant sucks and the redragon m901 is just what it is, which is a 30 dollar mouse and the naga triniy ring finger rest simply sucks in comparison. the g600 needs to be redesigned with a lighter weight, less wobbly left right and ring finger buttons that don't rub against each other and the atrocious mouse cable either needs to be removed or redesigned. I wish they'd prioritize the g600 over this redesigned g602 or the mx518.

I have used a G600 on my gaming rig forever, hands down my favorite for the games I play (usually survival and crafting games, so having those extra buttons for rotating and adjusting parts easily is amazing).

But, I use the G602 with my workstation laptop and my personal laptop. I like having the programmable thumb keys for quick shortcuts while using SolidWorks, and the battery life is truly amazing. Logitech refreshing the 602 and adding Bluetooth is exactly what I've been wishing for. I've tried other wireless mouse products but they never quite measure up - for instance, a while back I picked up a Corsair Dark Core mouse trying to get a similar experience to the 602 but through Bluetooth so I didn't need the dongle, and was disappointed. It's just sitting in a drawer collecting dust now.

I just wish this g604 had a recharging capability, would be nice to avoid dealing with AAA batteries.

This actually seems quite nice. I've been using my G502 for years (and I do mean years) now with no issues, but this looks like an even better fit for my needs (I play a lot of RPGs & MMOs that can make use of the extra buttons). Now I'll be torn between this and another G502 when upgrade day rolls around.

I just wish this g604 had a recharging capability, would be nice to avoid dealing with AAA batteries.
I have the g602. I use the low-power mode, as I presently do not game much, and Ultimate Lithium AA batteries. For me, the batteries last about a year.
This actually seems quite nice. I've been using my G502 for years (and I do mean years) now with no issues, but this looks like an even better fit for my needs (I play a lot of RPGs & MMOs that can make use of the extra buttons). Now I'll be torn between this and another G502 when upgrade day rolls around.
I had a g602 receiver die on me, and it was cheaper to get a complete new g602 rather than replace the receiver. Other than that, I have had no problems. I have two g602s, and they are probably the best mice I have ever owned.

I have the g602. I use the low-power mode, as I presently do not game much, and Ultimate Lithium AA batteries. For me, the batteries last about a year.

I keep mine in low power mode as well, and the one for my personal laptop lasts forever since I'm only sporadically using it. However, the mouse on my workstation laptop is on at least 9 continuous hours a weekday, and then who knows how long on weekends when I'm stupidly spending my free time trying to catch up on work. Even that much use, I usually get 3-4 months out of a standard set of AA batteries - just be nice to have a recharging option. That was the one thing I really liked about the Corsair Dark Core mouse, you could use it wired as it was charging, and the charge seemed to last a long time. Unfortunately, it just had so-so software, and the button programming system did not work over bluetooth (along with very finicky BT connection issues), so it lost out to the old G602 standby.

This reminds me of the G700 and G700S that I still have. One at work, and one at home. If one of them dies this might be a nice replacement since they don't make the G700/S or anything else that comes close.

WHile the price is not out of line, I have to believe that for a gamer it's just now getting to be too much to operate at peak performance with so many buttons and wheels. Now, if you're a graphic artist or a CAD operator, there are certainly advantages, but a gamer??????????

No serious gamer will use this.
we need the thumb in contact with the game surface for accuracy.
when will they learn this fact...

Back