Logitech's sales exceeded the billion-dollar mark for the first time due to the work-from-home...

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In a nutshell: “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,” is the opening line of Charles Dickens’ famous novel A Tale of Two Cities. The phrase also accurately describes the state of many businesses during this unprecedented pandemic as people are constructing makeshift home offices and playing games now more than ever.

Logitech in announcing its second quarter results for fiscal year 2021 said it generated $1.26 billion in sales during the three-month period, a 75 percent increase compared to the same period a year ago. It also represents the first time that sales have exceeded the billion-dollar mark in a single quarter.

Operating income, meanwhile, grew an impressive 372 percent to $322 million, up from just $68 million in the same quarter a year earlier.

2020 started out like any other year but as the coronavirus gained momentum, it quickly morphed into something more akin to an episode of The Twilight Zone than base reality. As companies scrambled to send employees home to work remotely, sales of accessories to construct makeshift home offices soared.

The one-two punch continued as local governments issued shelter in place orders in an effort to curb the spread of the virus. With little else to do, many turned to gaming and other online activities to pass the time, resulting in further sales of products like keyboards, mice and headsets.

Image credit: Ismail Sadiron, Mr.Mikla

Permalink to story.

I recently was able to buy an X56 Rhino.

It was sold out for over a year and suddenly Microcenter got just 1 in stock.

I raced over and bought it for at MSRP for $250.

I refused to pay the scalpers on EBay. They want well over $400.

I have been telling people for a long time to buy Logitech stock. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 sold out all of the joysticks and flight semi Quitman and on shelves here. Racing wheels have also been selling very well and there is a renewed interest in simulations both flight and racing where people are spending a lot of money to build virtual reality friendly simulations with pedals, gear shifters, throttles and joysticks.

I am planning to build an F35 or F22 mock up.
I already have the equipment I just haven’t prepared the platform for my chair and peripheral mounts

I'm glad for them. They were always a company that had standards, and stuck to those standards despite cheaper (and crappier) competition. A Logitech mouse was never crap (like Genius mouse) despite being very affordable.

Back