Logs from infected computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
my computer was recently infected somehow, but I don't know where it came from. My Task Manager wouldn't open(when I tried the icon would appear in the quick launch tool bar but the window would never come up) and I could not log off, turn off, or restart my computer without manually pushing the button on the box. When I tried booting in safe mode, nothing but the black background with [safe mode] in the corners showed up(i.e. no icons or taskbar). If I booted in safe mode twice in a row it would work though (turn the computer on, boot in safe mode and it wouldn't work the first time. I would manually turn the computer off and turn it on again, and booting from safe mode the second time would work. it would never work booting in safe mode after a normal boot though). On one boot, my dock didn't show up, but it usually did. I also had trouble updating my security software and running scans.
I went through all of the steps in the 8 preliminary removal steps thread and now I'm not having anymore problems. I am posting the logs anyway, just to be sure.
I'm using a Dell Inspiron with a Core2Duo and Windows Vista Home Premium SP1.
Thanks in advance for any help. Let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

The logs are clear of details for infections. The computer has protections. If infections were removed, improvements were noticed, and symptoms are gone, then your computer is probably clean.

If no infections were found, then your problems sounds like 'crashes & reboots'. Begin looking at the events logs for errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back