Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your logs look clean but you do have infections in your restore points.

Now we need to create a new System Restore point.

Click Start Menu > Run > type (or copy and paste)

%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

Press OK. Choose Create a Restore Point then click Next. Name it and click Create, when the confirmation screen shows the restore point has been created click Close.

Next goto Start Menu > Run > type

cleanmgr

Click OK, Disk Cleanup will open and start calculating the amount of space that can be freed, Once thats finished it will open the Disk Cleanup options screen, click the More Options tab then click Clean up on the system restore area and choose Yes at the confirmation window which will remove all the restore points except the one we just created.

To close Disk Cleanup and remove the Temporary Internet Files detected in the initial scan click OK then choose Yes on the confirmation window.

Also how is your computer running.

slow

i ran combofix last week and my computer ran really well. no pop-ups, pretty fast, i could change my wallpaper. then i figured i would do everything in the "removing spyware" thread so i ran combofix again and my computer seemed to run slow. when i ran some of the scans in "safe" mode they took 12 hours to run. that doesn't seem normal. computer is still running slow.

do you have 2 antivirus apps
yes, i do. is that a problem?
Yes, it is. The two antiviruses programs usually cause a conflict. This can stop the protection that you have the programs for. One, well configured, regularly updated antivirus program is what is needed.
Best:
One antivirus program.
One firewall
Two or more spyware/adware programs.

When using any security suite, make sure you know what it include and don't double up on AV or firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back