Longhorn compatible software

Status
Not open for further replies.

guana

hey guys i m looking to update my window xp to longhorn..want
to confirm that if windows drivers and softwares will work
with longhorn...

80GB harddrive... why should you need that amount?

You dont NEED it....its just recommended. I have an IBM T60 Laptop with 512mb of RAM and a 50gb hard drive with Windows VIsta Business Installed. Runs perfectly fine. Any lower than 512mb of RAM and you will run into a very laggy system.

Even 50 GB of space .. why should you need that / why would that be recommended?
I thought vista needs 15 GB to install, so anything above this is just a personal matter.

Somethig seems wierd here. The whole "longhorn" name is gone, and its now called Vista which was been out for a few years....where ya been man? haha. IT is never good to install any operating system on its minimal requirements, especially Vista. Its heavy and runs amazing on a nice machine, but if you try and run it, even bare bones, you get terrible performance. I know this because i puropsely partition my laptop harddrive to where i had 20GB of hard disk space and i put vista on the partition. I have never had to wait 15 minutes just to open the start menu, lets just say that. Anyway, xp drivers, for the most part, are not capable on vista.

"is longhorn is also of 15 gb install and why its called vista now?"

Longhorn was Vista's name before it's retail release... Why is it called Vista? Because Microsoft, Vista's creator desided to call it that.

You need hard drive space for applications, pictures, movies and other personal data, as well as for the Operating System and it's page files... So choose a 20, 40, 60 or whatever size hard drive. I use a 420GB hard drive for my C drive. Vista's drivers are much better now, with the release of Vista, SP1. Most hardware configurations with my basic recommendations will run any flavor of Vista well

Yes, Vista 32-bit will run most XP games. If you plan to play the newer games out there you may need a good Video card like the Nvidia 8800 and 2 to 4GB memory and a 250GB hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back