Looking for Computer Building Websites

souton

wanted to see if anyone knew of any websites for getting custom-made PCs that are actually good... (ie: ibuypower, cyberpower, alienware, etc)

Ibuypower & Cyberpower seem to have good pcs (some of them). But they often arrive with some minor quirks. (My hard drive's power plug wasn't plugged in when I got mine)

I got my current 1 at ibuypower. but all my friends said there's were messed up (mine was fine). and i have read a lot of bad reviews about cyberpower.

I got mine's from cyberpower :p I'm happy with it. My only tip with them is to not get any of their video cards that aren't by a specific subvendor, for example get the evga 8600GT instead of the no-name one (the evga/bfg vendor card is usually the one 4 dollars more) And also if you do get a pc from there, make sure to take a look inside the pc to make sure it's seated properly. Cyberpower is known to have lazy workers, the only good I guess is that their systems are cheaper than Ibuypower. Also, make sure that the jumpers on your motherboard aren't set to CMOS Clear, as that happened to two of my friends. :haha:

And if your card happens to be from a Subvendor named sparkle, you should send it back. I had to send mines back three times and all were broken in every system I try it in. It seems that Sparkle's cards are assembled broken as I have 2 broken-on-arrival Sparkle 8600GT's.

I have never used a Sparkle video graphics card, but have been using a lot of their stuff for about ten years. I wouldn't call them a subvendor. everything I have ever had from Sparkle, particularly power supplies, has been near perfection.
Something is wrong along the way. If you have time, drop an online notice to Sparkle as I know they wouldn't want to let this go by... and probably don't know about it. There is somebody between Sparkle and you that is allowing things to go bad.

I have proof:
DSCF1599.JPG

This is the card that came with my AMD Athlon Configurator from Cyberpower, the one that was sent back three times.

The sparkle you are referring to is Sparkle Power Inc. a.k.a. SPI, who I believe mostly makes power supplies.
http://www.sparklepower.com/

The company I am talking about is a Taiwanese chipmaker Sparkle Computer Inc. This is the Sparkle I am talking about. http://www.sparkle.com.tw/index.asp

Oh and believe me I am not the only one complaining. Look at all these bad reviews and complaints buying from Tigerdirect. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3212568&CatId=1826

If you read the reviews from bottom to top you notice that the moment it hits the holiday season the reviews go from 4's to 1's.

Ibuypower & Cyberpower seem to have good pcs (some of them). But they often arrive with some minor quirks. (My hard drive's power plug wasn't plugged in when I got mine)

This guy I know who bought from Ibuypower had a SLI videocard setup ( x2 6600s ) back in around 2006 but didn't have the SLI bridge installed. lol

Cybertron can make some wicked-looking custom computers, and Systemax can make excellent budget-minded computers. If you'd like to build your own, go to Tiger Direct, Directron, ATX Cases, and Xoxide.

Back