Looking for Nvidia Geforce 6600 gt driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

t8c8

Hi,
I just reformatted my pc computer (coz i had a software issue i wasnt able to fix), and i'm looking for the driver for my video card, but i can't find it, can anyone help me?

This is what happend. Of course i checked the nvidia site. I'm guessing it's the geforce 6 series. so i download the latest Geforce/ion driver release 185 which supposedly supports 6600. This message comes up during the installation:
The software you are installing for this hardware (NVIDIA GeForce 6600) has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP. But i continue with the installation anyway.

It didn't work, my video is still safe-mode-looking and laggy. I tried twice. the 185 version and a 93.81 version. I can't find the right one. I'm SURE i got the XP version. what's wrong with what i'm doing?

I'm sure nvidia should have passed the windows logo testing whatever thing... I have an XP professional service pack 2 installed.
Right now, the driver my vcard is using is a vga compatibility one.

Help, thx

You will find it on the nVidia website... sometimes, if older, it will be part of a combination driver download that works with several different models of the NVidia cards...
Is it possible that your NVidia card has reached the end of its useful product life... or the fan has gone bad?

i did go to the nvidia website... yeah... i'm finding those combination drivers. i picked windows XP as my OS. so it should work... but... i dnt think it is...
I have a small question though... difference between "Windows XP" and "Windows XP 64 bit"
i just picked the Windows XP one. My highest is 32-bit according to the display settings, so i am picking the right one right?

Try this http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
In that section on the nvidia site there are five different drivers available for various nVidia GeForce 6600 video graphics....
If not there, search through all parts of the NVidia site.... that is one company that consistently posts all its current and previous drivers... in my experience.

i'll try an older version still supporting the series... i'll let u know how it turns out

hi, i'm still stumped. i can't get anything to work. i'm still without a driver; laggy- safemode-ish look. i've done system recovery like 3 times. to the point that right after i install my wireless card.
-.- maybe i should know where my cd is...

okay i recently just checkedthe pictures and stuff my video card specifically is ASUS N6600.
but that's still geforce 6600. so shudnt it work?

btw, how do i check if my OS is 32-bit or 64-bit? does this really matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back