Looking for solid suggestions for new wireless router

MrBlkfx1

Hello Everyone,
It's been awhile since I have posted here. I am in need of a new wireless router. I was hoping to pick the brains of the TS forum readers on the subject. Right now I am using some crap provided by comcast. I was wondering if anyone knew of any solid replacements.
Budget: $200

If any other information is needed. Just request it in your response : ]

Thanks in advance.

I have always used and recommended Netgear routers and switches - - never been disappointed with their equipment.

Thanks for the reply! Any specific Netgear models you would recommend over others? Or all of them are pretty solid?

I love my N600 Dual band router, my speed is constantly 150 Mbps on the 2.4GHz and my dad runs on the 5GHz and gets 300 Mbps constant. I would say buy a router with Gigabit if you game or download/upload a lot of files. But if you just browse the internet and dont recieve high download/upload speeds, dont go too high end of a router.

The machine I game on is hard-lined straight to my modem pulling about 1 Gbps. Although, I would like to maintain a solid and fast speed on the devices connected to my WIFI network.

So Gigabit & Netgear are solid picks. Thank you for your suggestion!

The machine I game on is hard-lined straight to my modem pulling about 1 Gbps. Although, I would like to maintain a solid and fast speed on the devices connected to my WIFI network.

So Gigabit & Netgear are solid picks. Thank you for your suggestion!
actually if you are a hard core gamer, you may wanna buy a killer networking card

Well, I do not game off the devices I use with my WIFI connection. My main rig is hard-lined and the speeds are solid and fast. It's just my laptops, phone, and other misc devices.

My concern isn't really with gaming. I just want a solid and fast connection for my laptops and other random devices. My current WIFI router just cannot keep a solid connection.

Back