Looking for some help collecting some data

TCool

Hi, I hope there isn't anyone here who has a problem with me doing this, if you do I apologize.

Anyway, my name is Tim, I've used these forums in the past to get help for computer issues and I thought I would try to use them to get information of another kind. I am a current student at The Wisconsin School of Business (part of The University of Wisconsin) and I am working on a report about Wal-Mart. I have a questionnaire that I am trying to get current or former employees to answer, and I'm hoping some Wal-Mart employees occasionally stop by this forum. If you are wondering why I don't just head down to the local Wal-Mart for this, it is because I'm trying not to get all my information from one spot.

If you are willing to help me, could you please just send me a private message answering the questions? The questions are:

Age when you worked there:
Position:

1. Are/Were you happy with your employment at Wal-Mart? Yes/No (no explanation needed)

2. Do you feel you were paid a fair wage? Yes/No (no explanation needed)

3. Do you feel you were offered adequate benefits (e.g. health care)? Yes/No (no explanation needed)

4.As an employee/former employee, do you feel some of the criticism Wal-Mart receives for poor employee treatment is fair? Yes/No (no need to explain)

5. Is there anything Wal-Mart could do, short of more benefits and higher wages, that would make the work environment better? If yes, what? Yes/No (please explain if you are comfortable doing so)

6. Has Wal-Mart's image, as far as employee treatment goes, affected you in any way? If yes, how? Yes/No (Explain if you are comfortable doing so)

7. Have your managers ever forced you to miss breaks or lunch times? Yes/No (no explanation needed)

8. What is/was your hourly wage? (This is obviously a fairly personal question, so if you are not comfortable answering it just leave it out)

9. Were/Are you eligible for Wal-Mart's health care plan? If not, why not? If yes, did you elect to participate in the plan?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me out.

Back