Loss of site CSS

D

DelJo63

H U G E B&W areas at top of pages. Long scrolling to get to page presentation.

would have shown via screenshot but cant reduce sufficiently to make any sense of it

Both FF & Chrome produce the same results.

iMac 10.13 (High Sierra), Safari, Chrome and FF are just fine

Win/7 IE, Chrome & FF are impacted & yes, I've cleared the Cache, History and Cookies

I know for a fact we haven't changed anything on the forums styles. We are constantly changing our global stylesheet so based on your previous feedback I reset everything, which could be affecting you and another percentage of users.

At this point my only idea is that either your ISP is having some trouble or our CDN is assigning you a bad node. I'll look a bit further into it but not sure what else I can do.

You may want to try connecting via a VPN and if all looks normal, we'll be closing in the issue.

I know for a fact we haven't changed anything on the forums styles. We are constantly changing our global stylesheet so based on your previous feedback I reset everything, which could be affecting you and another percentage of users.

At this point my only idea is that either your ISP is having some trouble or our CDN is assigning you a bad node. I'll look a bit further into it but not sure what else I can do.

You may want to try connecting via a VPN and if all looks normal, we'll be closing in the issue.
Recall, the iMac High Sierra performs correctly on the same LAN, so it's NOT network/path related.
*Windows + any browser related*

I would have indict the CDN system were it not for the iMac status.

So a different system on the same network works alright?
YES - - iMac, iPads & iPhones run correctly. Yeah I know - - Cache, Cookies, History - - but THREE browsers? Emptied anyway w/o change.

Using Win/7, sans updates, same Avast AV, No ad blockers.

Can you disclose domain for CDN so I can verify access?

Took aggressive action to allow cdn*.domain.name in host file which has been unaltered for over a year.
  1. community/ is fine
  2. also posting formatting controls are restored
It would appear that the CDN was an issue, and as my hosts was unaltered until now, that your CDN was redeployed into one which I was blocking (no finger pointing implied).

I'm good and thanks for looking into it.

Back