hello
Last week i assembled a new computer for myself. the specs are as follows:

asus p5k pro
intel quad q6600 2.4
2 gb ddr2 800 team elite
disco sata 350GB 16mb western digital
asus gforce 8800gt 512mb
gravador de dvd nec sata

when i first started the computer, and started installing windows i got a bsod, after the reboot all went well, but when i started installing drivers, i started getting BSOds after each install.
it became a padron: each time i install a new program, a new driver, or a new hardware (like a usb pen) i get a BSOD, but after that i can use it without a problem. i did some memory tests, but no problem was found.
can anyone help me?

That P5K Pro board has been infamous for disliking certain memory modules. See if the memory you have is on the ASUS recommended list.
I assume you have checked your Device Manager and there are no yellow or red flags there. If not, please do so.
BSOD's are most frequently driver related. But can be caused by memory the motherboard does not like, or a unacceptable video graphics card.
I would start by trying one memory module at a time, or running the free MemTest86 for four hours or 7 passes, whichever is shorter.
Alternately, try different standard memory modules such as Crucial, Kingston, Corsair, OCZ, Infineon.
For video graphics, try going back to a slightly earlier version of the Driver, or go to a different source to get it.
Good luck. Please keep us posted about the change that fixes it.

i have no red item in the hardware manager, but when booting i get a strange message;

"adapter 1
disk information
no hard disk is detected"

at first i thought it was because i hadn't shorted the pins to make the disk master, but that didn't solve anything.

going to do the other tests, my mems are team elite ddr2 800, where can i see if they are compatible with the mobo?

There is part of a message there... Adapter 1 is detected, but an operating drive is not. I wonder if it would be detected in another system?

As for the memory, look on the ASUS website... for that board. Usually ASUS will not tell you the memory is unacceptable. It just tells you the memory that is approved. Many times we have found only approved memory works.

Motherboards seldom fail, but ASUS boards do... so challenge it thoroughly to do its job.

well, my ram isnt in the approved group for my mobo. i asked in the teamgroup forums is they tested the ram with my board.

i tried a different set of nvidia drivers, and it didnt solve the problem, also tried using 1gb of ram at a time, and the problem persisted.

i get a error message when windows restarts:

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 00000004 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F7976E88 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

is it a known message?
where can i know what it means?

Yes, it is a known message.

You can begin by preventing the restarts. Start->Right Click My Computer->Properties->Advance Tab ->click on Settings for Startup and Recovery and uncheck the box that says Automatically Restart.

Doing this will stop the computer from re-booting and may give you the error message you need to help you troubleshoot.

Then you can put the error message into a Google search to narrow things down for your computer.

ok, the problem was with one of the memory modules.
to be sure, i tried it in two different sockets, and it always gave bsod, with the other one, i have no problem whatsoever.

so i am going to the store today to get a new one.

thanks for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back