M4a1 silenced or unsilenced in Counter Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsilenced should be more accurate and powerful, but less stealthy, alerting opponents to your location.

Silenced m4a1 has bigger crosshair but its more accurate. Also i heard that silenced m4a1 decreases damage by 5hp i think. Both variants are the same. Your taste is what matters.

actually i think it's all personal preference but i need to make sure. thx 4 da replies.
i dun some research :
1. i loaded a map
2. i type bot_stop 1
3. i shoot the bots wif an m4a1

my results :
1. suprisingly an unsilenced colt and a silenced colt each took 3-5 shoots to kill a person
2. both also seem to have the same affective range

Just curious, why do you keep asking if everyone is sure? If you doubt everyone, why bother asking?

You know that you can actually just test this right?
Yes it is surly more accurate unsilenced. It does slightly more damage, and shoots slightly faster when unsilenced.
I use silenced so I can hear music...and it looks cool.

I concur with the personal preference. I am just curious though, if you were testing for accuracy and it took 3-5 shots each death. Where or what rather were you aiming for? 3 shot death is usually Arm Chest Leg or Arm Arm Chest...etc A limb (2x) and chest hit basically. A 4 or 5 shot death normally leads back to a Limb Limb Limb Body (4 shot) Limb Limb Limb Limb Limb (5) or Limb Limb Limb Limb Chest. This is why I ask the question though.

The listing of 3-5 shot body/limb ration is just a quick guesstimate from playing Counter Strike for so long. Also, these patterns will happen either way with or without the silencer. As the person above me suggest, you can test on your own. Btw, all the 3-5 shots proves is how much power is behind the gun. Not so much the accuracy. I would think an accuracy test would more involve further distance. I found a great site for you to cruise though. So, hope you are ready to learn more about the weapons in this very old game!

www(dot)csgoodies(dot)com/guides/34-counter-strike-16-weapon-damage

Drats. It will not let me post the link? Hopefully I do not get in trouble for this but here you go pal. Replace (dot) with a period . and insert in to your browser. Please don't ban me for this?!

To be able to post links or images your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 1 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.

From my personal experience, unsilenced is better.
Attaching the silencer increases spread, and disregard the damage part of it, it takes more than 1 shot in the head to kill someone with the m4a1 anyway.

Stick with the ak. :D

Unslienced is definitely more accurate. And honestly, if you are playing with seasoned people, the silencer doesn't do a lot of good unless you are shooting from a very far distance away. You can still hear the location with the silencer. Same goes for USP pistol.

This is what I always thought:

Silenced - Less Damage, Less Range, Less Spread
Unsilenced - More Damage, More Range, More Spread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back