Mac cleaning app recommendation

fuzindawz

I am currently using Avast Cleanup for Mac. The annoyed thing is that it deletes download files in default and clean up cookies so I need to login websites again. I can't stand it any more.

Any other good recommendations?

CCleanup on Windows does the same thing. Frankly after decades of running a Mac for the wife, we've never even considered such an app.

Safari 8.0 - 10.0 (Mac) - Clearing Cache and Cookies
  1. Click Safari in the upper left hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
  2. In the window that appears, click the Privacy tab. Click the button Remove All Website Data....
  3. Click Remove Now in the pop up window that appears.

In general, this error may occur because Cclean is set to the default state,read its tutorial carefully before using it.

Mac needs a tool like Windows CleanMgr - - and this exercise will show you a direct answer to the OP's question and validate the CleanMgr.

caches can start to take up some serious space. Periodically, removing them can help free up space. And don’t worry, your Mac will create fresh, new ones after you restart your Mac. To remove caches:
  1. Open a Finder window and select Go in the menu bar.
  2. Click on “Go to Folder…”
  3. Type in ~/Library/Caches
    Delete the files/folders that are taking up the most space.
  4. Now click on “Go to Folder…”
  5. Type in /Library/Caches (simply lose the ~ symbol)
    And, again, delete the folders that take up the most space.

Deleting cache files is generally safe for your Mac. And once you delete them, the applications and processes you run on your Mac will generate fresh, new ones. But, when deleting, worry more about removing them based on size rather than just removing all of them.​

This is just the starting point, as the user's TMP files are elsewhere.

Back