Macbook Pro DVD Burner Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayb118

Hi, first i hope i have posted this in the right section, i saw the part for Mac OS but this is hardware. If it's wrong then i apologize :)

The problem is the dvd burner built into my MBP keeps giving me errors when burning to dvd. It tells me things like "the disk cannot be verified and may be unreliable" and just recently something like "the disk cannot be burned because of communication with the dvd drive".

Im fairly new to mac being primarily a PC user so i'm pretty stumped really and especially since this is a laptop and the drive is built into the machine.

Hope someone can help me :D thank you.

Jay.

Yeah its under the apple care 5 year thing. It's a weird problem though, sometimes it will burn them ok and other times it doesn't.

Yep, call Apple, this is not normal behavior. AppleCare is very good about fixing stuff like that. If you live near an Apple Store they may even do right there for you, and surely by the next day. If not Apple will overnight you a box to ship it back in, that will be overnighted to them, they will fix it and overnight it back, so you won't be without your laptop for very long.

One thing you could try before you call Apple is try different media. I've never had any problems with the DL burner in my Powerbook, but maybe whatever they are using now in them is more picky about what you feed it.

I just tried it with a regular CD-R and it burned the disc and then told me it may be unreliable because it couldnt be verified. Although i put it in my dad's pc and it played ok.

So you guys definatly think i need to get apple to check it out? I dont live near an apple shop so would have to get them to send me the box.

Yes go to Apple's support and find out what you need to do to get the burner replaced. FedEx has laptop packing boxes available at their many outlet stores

Apple will send him a box to ship it back in, postage paid, and overnighted both ways. He won't have to do anything except call them and pack it up once he gets the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back