Mad Dog CD ROM MD-ed56r driver needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad dog CD ROM MD-ed56r driver needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi, i would like to install my old CD ROM into my newer computer. i have thrown away all info and disks that came with it, since that was a couple years ago. i tried to install without a driver disk, thinking maybe i would get lucky and the computer would locate new hardware. well it didn't happen and actually the computer freaked out and i had to find a new boot up disk (because mine of course didn't work). i have since learned mad dog doesn't have downloads available any longer. so what i would like to know is, should i throw this CD ROM away, or do you know of a way to get this driver.

thank you for your time.

i have a new PC as of 4-08. i have windows vista. the CD ROM in question is probably 2 - 3 years old. now I'm not sure what ide or sata is, if you can tell me where to look to find out i will.

thanks for taking the time.

The average length of time a drive lasts is anywhere from 3-5 years give or take a year or two (I had one die in two years that was barely used!). IDE is older tech (and being phased out though it is easy to find IDE drives) and it is connected by the long ribbons you see in your case that connects drives, etc. to your motherboard. SATA is newer tech, the cables are much smaller, and since your system is a little over a year old I am guessing it has the ability to handle both.

If you can give us the make and model of your motherboard and I'll try to research it.

Never before have I heard of Mad Dog products but you are the second person within the hour that has questions on a Mad Dog product. The other one is about a psu. Weird! :darth:

If your system is going wonkers I suggest a new drive and they are inexpensive. But first get me that information.

hello, I hope this helps, let me know if Im missing something. Thank you.

ECS MCP61PM-GM-AM2 mATX

Also I did see this on the bios screen, SATA spread spectrum, triangular down. PCIE spread.
IDE DMA transfer access.

I did more thinking about your issue since yesterday and the thing that came to me is you are not going to be able to use this CD drive because it was made for XP and since you can't download anything new from Mad Dog it is highly unlikely they have Vista drivers for it.

Do you have any CD/DVD drives installed on your system now?

yes i have a DVD burner installed. I can plug in Mad dog, it will run, however I keep getting the notice can not find hardware. If I plug in the original DVD burner in and the mad dog, the Mad dog does not appear at all, nothing will play. I have drives e, (original DVD burner) f, g, h, i, j, all are previously installed drivers for other devices. Obviously I can install another device, because there is a CD/.DVD spot in the case. And the user guide explains how. If I had the mad dog driver disk that would obviously be easier. I'm not sure what the drive name would be, k? I used the mad dog on windows 98. If it works on my vista, you can actually play a game, why won't the system identify the driver information? Thanks

One thing to keep in mind is that Microsoft wants third party software and hardware manufacturers to have their drivers verified by them which means more $ in MS's pockets. Also keep in mind that Mad Dog is not supporting your hardware anymore which means no updated drivers.

Thus, one of the issues is that Mad Dog is not recognized by your OS and thus not able to plug and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back