Major issues with computer, cannot load programs

Boggy

Ok so I built my computer and everything worked fine. I loaded XP professional on it and WoW and SC2 Vent etc. I then ran some updates (one of which was the new drivers for my gtx 460) and I began having problems opening programs. Every time I would open firefox or WoW, it would crash. I reinstalled windows XP and it seemed to fix it but the error has now returned (after I tried to install the gtx 460 drivers again). I reinstalled windows again and did not install the new drivers this time but the error remains. I've reinstalled windows multiple times now and have done nothing except install SP2, install drivers from the CDs, and load firefox. Now the problem seems to only happen when I open WoW or SC2 or when I try to load flash content (like youtube) on firefox. I really need help because I am begining to suspect it is my hardware. Here is a rundown

AMD Phenom II x2 555 (4 cores unlocked)
4GB G.skill ripjaws ddr3 1600 RAM
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO mobo
MSI hawk talon attack gtx 460
500GB WD hard drive (cant remember model but I doubt it would matter)

Please offer my any suggestions on what the problem is

Perhaps you didn't configure your overclock correctly. You used DDR3 1600 RAM and the following is your RAM standard: DDR3 1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800 ECC,Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory. I believe you have to overclock your system to utilize 1800 and 1600 RAM.

When faced with your choices of RAM supported by your motherboard, I have always chosen the fastest RAM that doesn't require overclocking so I don't have experience configuring the overclock.

You can also try un-unlocking some of the cores. I was only able to get 3 cores stable on my Phenom II x2 550, when I tried to get the 4th core unlocked Windows did not run stable and crashed a lot.

Back