Make stuff smaller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mretzloff

I had to reinstall Vista and now everything, icons, webpages, etc. is so big. When I open up a webpage, I have to scroll over several times to view the entire page. I'm using Mozilla Firefox (incase this has nothing to do with Vista). How can I make the stuff smaller?

First thing to try is to change the resolution: Begin HERE:

You will also need to change Text (font size) and icon size.

We'll go from here.

Thank you for the help. However, that didn't solve it.

I think it might have to do with Firefox. Websites are unable to display themselves in the screen (and thus require me to scroll over to view the entire page).

I would appreciate any more help. Thank!

(and thus require me to scroll over to view the entire page).

You are describing a typical resolution problem. And it won't matter what you have open. Having to scroll to the right to see the complete page means you need to 'lower' the resolution setting. If Firefox is your default browser, then the sites you call up will be in Firefox. You can give this a try:

If the screen resolution on your computer changes when you start Firefox, making everything appear big or distorted, you likely have Window's "Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution" feature activated on your Firefox shortcut. To turn off this feature:

1. From the menu at the top of the Firefox window, select File and then select the Exit menu item.
2. Right-click on the icon you use to start Firefox and choose Properties.
3. Open the Compatibility tab.
4. Uncheck Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution. You may have also see that Compatibility mode and Run in 256 colors are selected. These can also cause problems with Firefox and you should uncheck them.
5. Click OK.

Now, when Firefox starts, your screen resolution should not change.
Let me know if this resolves the problem.

The buttons were already unchecked in Firefox. My resolution is at 800 X 600 in Vista. If I make it any higher, everything becomes too small.

I appreciate your patience. Would you know of anything else I could do?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back