Malware removal

touch

I´m sorry if I have on step on someone´s toes, but this is wrong advice:
techspot.com/vb/topic123450.html

I would like to help user with their malware problems, have tried PM some of the staff, but again the 5 post rule :)

Regards touch

I'm attached to the thread, I posted one reply there already, but I'll leave it to your support and watch the thread progress., just reply on that thread if you need further help (either on malware removal, or other support member concerns)

As I said in my reply,

I was looking at the wrong log, a mistake, not one I make often. Might have been better to say in the actual thread though and offered constructive comments rather than this route.

But hey, each to their own.

I´m Sorry kritius. I just thought if I replied in the thread, it would be "spam", but I can see that I have much to learn :)

Thats ok.

I don't mind being corrected, no one is perfect. I just like it when it's mentioned in the thread so that the op can learn.
If you ever want to find out why I'm doing something you can pm me as well.

I don´t know where to ask, so I´ll do it here ;)

Am I allowed to help in Virus & Malware removal forum, as - newcomer in training. ?

The reason for asking is, I´m in doubt what - Established members - means

Yes you are allowed to help support on any thread (including Virus & Malware removal forum)
Regarding that particular forum please read this first: Special governing rules for the Virus & Malware removal board
Basically it is required that you know how to read and support in the provided attached logs
If you can do this., then certainly you can support on these threads, I quote:
Established members who want to participate and help other members, you are more than welcomed to do so. HOWEVER, it is mandatory to be knowledgeable in this area
I must state quite obviously that malware helpers are highlighted in PURPLE If a malware helper comes into your thread to advise on a different course of action, then this must be respected without debate (on the thread)

Anyway, although you do not have a PURPLE username, you are still allowed to help

Thank you for respons, kimsland.

And I will, of course, respect what malware helpers advice

Yep ok

Also no need to reply to a thread 1 weeks old, seems a bit much
Some say that's not old, but I feel that they probably had their system cleaned by now
Or they're very patient ;)

Back